C

chia'stheword

Enthusiast
I am trying to find a decent sound card for my notebook computer. I cant use the creative card because i only have pci express. I heard that creative was working on a new pci express card but i dont know when it is coming out. I was wondering if there was any good usb sound cards out that were good. I know that usb uses some processing power and i was also wondering if it used to much(i have a core duo 2.0 gigahertz btw). So if anyone could recommend me something i would be grateful. thank you.

just_visiting

Audioholic Intern
I am trying to find a decent sound card for my notebook computer. I cant use the creative card because i only have pci express. I heard that creative was working on a new pci express card but i dont know when it is coming out. I was wondering if there was any good usb sound cards out that were good. I know that usb uses some processing power and i was also wondering if it used to much(i have a core duo 2.0 gigahertz btw). So if anyone could recommend me something i would be grateful. thank you.

I use an Onkyo external USB sound card for my laptop. It then connects to my Denon 3805 receiver using its optical out.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Onkyo_MA-700U_USB_Audio_Amplifier.html

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Audio output

Chia,
My dell laptop has a small adapter cable that allows acess to analog audio, digital coax audio, and composite video outputs. Check for something similar on your laptop especially if you plan to use a digital audio connection to a receiver.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i have one from impact acoustics. my computer is only a single core p4 2.4 gig, and it runs it fine.

core 2 duo will run it no problem.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Nice one there superstar... Ive never seen one of those, not that I need it..
but a great little unit...

superstar

superstar

Junior Audioholic
Nice one there superstar... Ive never seen one of those, not that I need it..
but a great little unit...
I agree, for only $50. I'm using the wireless bridge and am pretty happy with the performance.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis