Sound Bar/Sub Combo with Wireless Speaker?

R

Ruffneck101

Audiophyte
Hello Audioholics!

I've just join the forum for 2 reasons. I have one general question (more like searching for suggestions) on a friends behalf, as well I'm currently purchasing my first home and am gearing up to make the perfect Home Theater. I'll touch more on my own rig later once I've finalized everything for my new home, but for now the question for a friend:

She is looking to have a sound bar/sub woofer combo for her current TV (would prefer to stay in around the $300CAN range). She would also like to have a wireless speaker in her kitchen (attached to her living room) as she lives in a semi-detached and cannot just pump up the volume to hear over her cooking. What you recommend for a solution to this?

I'm thinking of recommending a wired sound bar/sub set for her TV and seeing if I can get some sort of switch box to switch to the wireless speaker via remote when she wants to cook in her kitchen and still watch TV. Any suggestions to either achieve what I just said, or does anyone have a better solution?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learn a lot of the experts/enthusiasts!

Brock

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I myself would get stereo pair over sound bar any day. Leave out the sub if she cant pump up the budget, she could add the sub later.

To start with I would get pair of these speakers and used receiver from craicklist: http://philharmonicaudio.com/aa.html She can easily play them at good volume level so she dont need another speaker on kitchen, I live on apartment currently myself as well and there is no problem doing so with my bigger speakers either. Later she could add a dayton 1200 sub for example. If she really want another solution for kitchen I would look for some cheap wireless headphones.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The problem with attempting wireless in the kitchen is there will be a delay as the analog output from tv/receiver has to be converted to digital, broadcast, then returned to analog in the kitchen. If the rooms are isolated, it may not be too bad, but if you expect to be able to walk from one room to the other with the speakers in synch, it won't happen without some more advanced electronics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis