Sony Reciever problem

G

<font color='#000000'>DVD no sound and Reciever says UNLOCK
STR-DE945 lost manual would like to download one if possible,  Pushed some buttons?? now when I switch to DVD I get a message that say UNLOCK and no sound comes out of the speakers all the wires are hooked up correctly it was working great but since I dont have a manual I cant seem to get out of the UNLOCK message any help would be appreciated</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>You may have accidentally switched the input to the digital input that you are not using. The 945 has both coaxial and optical digital inputs for DVD. There should be a button on the receiver called &quot;input mode&quot;. Switch to DVD, then push Input Mode repeatedly until &quot;auto&quot; appears in the display. If that doesn't do the trick, then select the digital input that you are actually using: Coaxial or Optical.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I did try this but with no luck, switching between optical and coax, I use the coax for my digital input but still I did not get any sound out of the DVD and the reciever still said UNLOCK when I switched to DVD.</font>

<font color='#000000'>This is generally an input error. My guess is that your DVD player is not configured to send digital audio out of the digital output. Check the setup menu.

As an option, try troubleshooting by sending another digital device to the DVD input to see if the UNLOCK message goes away (I'm betting it will). Since you've done the troubleshooting recommended by Aaron B, I'm guessing it may be the DVD player not outputting the proper signal.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>is it possible that you could have selected to turn off that circuit to improve sound quality, &nbsp;I don't have that model so im not sure about that but if thats the case then turn off the reciever, then hold the power button until it asks (or does) if you want to restore factory defaults and then do it.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>My 4ES has a 'decode mode' menu option. It can be set to Auto or to PCM. If set to PCM, the receiver will try to decode any input as PCM without trying to identify it first. Maybe your receiver is stuck in a similar mode? (grasping at straws here...)</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis