Sony Kdl55Hx850 Vs Samsung Ua55Es7100Mxxy

B

Big Gorilla

Audioholic Intern
Hi, I am wanting to buy a high quality hd tv with the main purpose of watching sport but of course movies as well. I have loked around and for my price range the two that looked the best in store were the Sony kdl55hx850 and the Samsung ua55es7100MXXY. The samsung looked a little brighter but the sonys motion was much smoother than any other tv. It does look a little different my gf says roboty lol but after seeing how smooth the sony lloks the others all look too jumpy. I realise the setup in the store is not optimum and it will look better but it still scares me because now I can always see the motion blur in everything but the sony. Just wanted some feedback form people more knowledgable than I.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You REALLY cannot judge a TV by what you see in the store because you have no idea what settings they are using and 99.9% of the time, they are incorrect for normal viewing. The reality is, those are likely the same 55" panel made by Samsung (Sony builds TVs using Samsung's panels) and Samsung does a better job integrating the panels into an actual TV. I have the 2012 55" LED edge lit Samsung and I am very happy with it.

Motion blur is a setting that can be adjusted or turned off on ALL LCDs today, and all of them do a pretty good job of it at the level you are looking at.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hi, I recently purchased the Sony KDLHX850. The 46" model. I am quite happy with the purchase. It handles motion very well. I returned 3 TVs before settling on the Sony. 2 LG models and a Samsung.
[h=2][/h]

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis