S

sw3ll3r3

Audioholic Intern
I recently bought a sony DH550 and all dayton speakers and sub for my apartment. I am truly amazed by the quality for the price. The sony has a treble and bass equalizer. If I edit these setting will it affect sub performance ? Say I turn bass to -3db will that also change the sub output? The sub has its on setting on the dh550, but when I turn it down It seems like it turns the sub down, but it could be in my head.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The specific bass frequencies affected by the treble/bass eq settings aren't in the manual that I can see but likely it would affect the range seen by your sub. The subwoofer has a separate level adjustment in the avr, which is a an adjustment for the overall level of the sub.

S

sw3ll3r3

Audioholic Intern
The specific bass frequencies affected by the treble/bass eq settings aren't in the manual that I can see but likely it would affect the range seen by your sub. The subwoofer has a separate level adjustment in the avr, which is a an adjustment for the overall level of the sub.
I just want my towers to have less bass in the towers and bookshelf speakers, but I don't want to lose overall sub performance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are the crossover frequencies you're using for the various speakers?

S

sw3ll3r3

Audioholic Intern
What are the crossover frequencies you're using for the various speakers?
I honestly have no idea. Provide an example for me. Are you speaking like my crossovers being set to like 20,000hz?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sony default is large btw, So I left it.
This is using the Sony's easy setup routine? What auto calibration setting did you use, full flat, engineer, front ref or off? You using any of the dynamic range settings? Have you spent much time going thru the manual?

S

sw3ll3r3

Audioholic Intern
This is using the Sony's easy setup routine? What auto calibration setting did you use, full flat, engineer, front ref or off? You using any of the dynamic range settings? Have you spent much time going thru the manual?
Engineer. A little not a whole lot.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might try flat to compare. "Large" setting simply means don't use bass management for a given speaker but the general recommendation when using a sub is to simply set all speakers to small. Manuals are a lot to swallow I know but can help you get to know what adjustments are possible and where to find them....

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
I recently bought a sony DH550 and all dayton speakers and sub for my apartment. I am truly amazed by the quality for the price. The sony has a treble and bass equalizer. If I edit these setting will it affect sub performance ? Say I turn bass to -3db will that also change the sub output? The sub has its on setting on the dh550, but when I turn it down It seems like it turns the sub down, but it could be in my head.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Sorry about the last post. I have a sony dn-610 which I now use as an amp. But when I had it hooked up as my main receiver, I had all speakers set to small with 80hz crossover. The eq was at 0 for treble and bass. I had my subs at half volume and the sub volume in receiver at -2.5. I did not used the auto calibration, set it with a sound meter. Always sounded good, with good bass. From what I remember, I don't think the eq took away from the sub.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis