(Sony) Camcorders Go High Definition!

Sony today took another leap forward with the introduction of the world's first HDV 1080i camcorder. The HDR-FX1 Handycam camcorder records and plays back high definition video with 1080 interlaced lines of resolution - the highest resolution (1440 pixels x 1080 lines) of any consumer camcorder available.
"With U.S. sales of HDTV sets exploding, along with the availability of high-definition programming, the expectation of having personal content in HD is growing rapidly," said Linda Vuolo, director for camcorder products for Sony Electronics. "The introduction of the HDV-FX1 has been timed and targeted to meet this desire."

The camcorder's video resolution is enhanced by Sony's new three-chip, one-megapixel Super HAD™ CCDs. The new 1080i HD CCDs have several improvements, including an on-chip micro-lens on top of the CCD sensor that increases the light focusing rate for focusing on the fly. There is also a newly developed 16:9 aspect mode for recording in widescreen. By giving each lens its own megapixel imager, the camcorder captures the intense detail and color that expert videographers and HD lovers appreciate.

Each of the camcorder's three 1/3-inch, 16:9 CCDs utilize Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T optics, minimizing warping while maximizing sharpness and contrast. The HDR-FX1 camcorder will be available in November for about $3,700.

Get the Details

Attachments

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
The pro model will be available early '05 for about $7K, as well! This plus DirecTV announcing their HD satellite launches and rollouts for the next few years made September a great month for us HD fans!

(Now if Sony and HD-DVD group could bury their hatchet, we'd be in great shape.)

djoxygen said:
(Now if Sony and HD-DVD group could bury their hatchet, we'd be in great shape.)
Don't forget the whole SACD debacle... Can't wait until everyone plays nice... I just hope high definition DVD comes out in a unified format.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis