sony bluray player not working

J

jay007

Audiophyte
hi iam after some help,i have a pioneer 43 inch tv
my sony bluray player has been working fine through hdmi
i went to put it on the other day and just had a black screen power was getting to the blu ray player,but no picture sound,i then tried my ps3 through hdmi and again no pic or sound.
tried my sons asda own make bluray player work fine so im very confused
any help would be great

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Did you use the same cable with all three players or a different cable when you tried you sons which you say worked?

If neither your blu-ray player or the ps3 worked I don't think it is the player. Try a different HDMI input or a different cable and see if that helps.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

Are your Sony blu-ray player and PS3 connected directly to your TV, or do you have a receiver in between?

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Switch out cable, also make sure the cable is plugged in "snug". HDMI cables suck at staying secure.

J

jay007

Audiophyte
hi yes the same hdmi lead was plugged into sony blu ray player
and it worked with my sons cheap one also tried the 3 different hdmi leads i have and all worked on the cheap one but not the sony one
but the sony one works on my toshiba tv upstairs]
thing is the sony one was working fine then switched it on power came on but no picture or sound.

J

jay007

Audiophyte
i do have a hdmi switcher but i have tried the other items into the same input as bluray player and they work also tried putting the bluray player striaght into the tv and still no sound and pic

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. What is the model number of your Sony blu-ray player?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just making sure all possibilities are eliminated... If you say that the Pioneer shows nothing with the Sony but the Sony works with your son's TV and the PS3 doesn't display anything as well, its leading me to think that you have the Pioneer display is on the wrong input. Did you check the Pioneer that it is on the correct input? Did you check the connections as was stated earlier?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just making sure all possibilities are eliminated... If you say that the Pioneer shows nothing with the Sony but the Sony works with your son's TV and the PS3 doesn't display anything as well, its leading me to think that you have the Pioneer display is on the wrong input. Did you check the Pioneer that it is on the correct input? Did you check the connections as was stated earlier?
Either that or the TV is failing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis