Sony AV Receiver Remote Required

P

Paul B

Audiophyte
Hi Folks. I have a Sony STR VA555ES AV receiver which is getting on a bit but I love the sound quality and build of the unit. Unfortunately, the remote has ceased to work and I am struggling to locate a replacement. Just wondering if anybody on the forum has one they want to sell or can suggest where I may locate one. The original remote number is RM-LJ305 (it has an LCD screen and additional hidden buttons under a flap housing the main controls - I think it is a learning remote). Sony UK have suggested a replacement remote having the code RM-PP505L which I also can't source. I have searched ebay and other similar sites without success. Sony suggested EET Europarts but no sign of either remotes when searching their site. Looking forward to any responses. Thanks.

P

Paul B

Audiophyte
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Funny enough I came across these earlier on and they will support my device. I will order one and see how it goes. I will post when it arrives and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sometimes for the more obscure functions you may have to get into key assignment and/or dig into their database for specific commands but for basic functions it should be as easy as downloading and answering some questions in the software....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis