Songs that have bass.... that shouldn't?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep here,

I was browsing some CD's that other day, CD's from ALONG time ago, and I found some songs with EXTREMELY deep bass.

The one in particular is Evanesence - Bring me to life

They are a mainstream band, and I found a mix that had them on it. I must say, in the beginning of the songs it hits the teens in Hz. It sounds like a timpany, but I don't think they tune this low, unless its a harmonic.

Anyone else have this experience?

Sheep

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
Sheep here,

I was browsing some CD's that other day, CD's from ALONG time ago, and I found some songs with EXTREMELY deep bass.

They are a mainstream band, and I found a mix that had them on it. I must say, in the beginning of the songs it hits the teens in Hz. It sounds like a timpany, but I don't think they tune this low, unless its a harmonic.

Anyone else have this experience?

Sheep

I get that too. They are extremely low harmonics that you usually don't notice.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are quite a few tracks on that album that have good bass. I don't exactly know what you mean by "not supposed to"? You mean, you never knew it was there...:) Most people probably don't know that their music has deep bass because they've never heard it on a system that has a decent sub that is properly setup. That particular track is not in the teens, it just sounds like it is because of how it was recorded; it's more like 40Hz, because I have a lot of stuff that goes a lower than that.

The one that took me by surprise was Sarah McLachlan's album Solace, the track Backdoor Man, absolutely shakes my room.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
There are quite a few tracks on that album that have good bass. I don't know what you mean by "not supposed to"? Most people probably don't know that their music has deep bass because they've never heard it on a system that has a decent sub that is properly setup. That particular track is not in the teens, it just sounds like it is because of how it was recorded; it's more like 40Hz, because I have a lot of stuff that goes a lower than that.
Your out of line!:rolleyes:

Well, it was on my computer, and my logitechs roll off really fast, but it was prominent on my HD500's so I figure it was near...SHUT UP :rolleyes: :p

Got any other examples? come on guys!

Sheep

R

RMK!

Songs with BASS

I have Mino Cinelu's self-titled CD and it has some great <20Hz bass tracks. He was/is Sting's percussionist. The second track "Moun Madinina" is a real bass tester. Amazon has the CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
m3Ch

m3Ch

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have to say that this is a tuff subject to post on. The thread should almost be called "Sneaky bass." I think a good example of sneaky bass would be U2 Joshua Tree. That recording does make your sub move more then you would think.

By the way, I know this is off topic, but why cant I start a thread here? I love chiming in every now and then, but I also have some fresh ideas other then the classic "what speaker should I buy!" This is one of the best sections of the forum if you ask me.:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another one that surprised me was the new Alanis JLP unplugged, lots of bass on a few tracks.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Sheep said:
I posted Evanesence yesterday, but I thought Wake Me Up had more bass, I did play that song as well.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
brian32672 said:
I posted Evanesence yesterday, but I thought Wake Me Up had more bass, I did play that song as well.
Wake me up, isn't a song....... Bring me to life says "wake me up" alot in it, but its called bring me to life....

Sheep

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane. This CD will rumble your room. It has REALLY strong bass.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Pete Belasco - Deeper. And the title of the song means what it says.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Francious70 said:
Pete Belasco - Deeper. And the title of the song means what it says.
Amen brother Amen,

Wow thats some lowwwww bass. Nice beat too. :) good find

Jaxvon, i knew there was some bass on that CD, but its really strong, also a nice find

Sheep
(woot 500th post, I am not an Audioholic)

Last edited:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
On Melissa Etheridge's Lucky disc there is a song called "Tuesday Morning".
Nice song but the drum goes so low and is so prominent that it bottoms my cheap sub right out. Bugs the heck out of me.

m3Ch

m3Ch

Enthusiast
NomoSony said:
On Melissa Etheridge's Lucky disc there is a song called "Tuesday Morning".
Nice song but the drum goes so low and is so prominent that it bottoms my cheap sub right out. Bugs the heck out of me.
You must have a cheap sub! Hehe... I am kidding! I will say that I caught the live version on INHD 1 and it was pretty good. I am not a huge fan, but I will almost listen to anything live!

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
i once was into new age (musically only). ever heard the enya debut cd called "the celts"? there are a few songs there with really REALLY deep bass.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
MIke Jones - freestyle(throw it up)

I found this song at my friends house.

The main beat(its rap) it situated around 23hz:eek: . I checked with signal gen.

Sheep

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis