Some help with Harman Kardon Subwoofer please (Buzzing and booming sounds)

L

luongo001

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm seeking a bit of help with a problem I am having with my Harman Kardon subwoofer.

When I turn the sub on, the blue LED light turns on as normal, but then about a second or two after, it begins buzzing as well as making constant booming sounds in a beat fashion. The LED light then begins flashing back and forth between Blue and orange as the booms occur. The buzzing always continues, during and between booms. They are loud, strong booms, and they are the same strength booms whether or not I turn the sub power up or down.

All this occurs once it is turned on, WHETHER the purple connector is plugged in or not. So I am assuming it is not the connection to the receiver or the sub that is the problem. If anyone has any insight on what it could be causing this, or if I can take it in to be fixed without having to buy a new sub, that would be great help.

Sincerely,

Justin

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new subwoofer :D Pretty much all of the HK subs I've seen over the years are nothing special. Even the least expensive HSU and SVS subs should outdo your current sub.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
+1. HK subs are not worth repairing. I would start looking for a new sub.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Those are classic symptoms of a failed switching power supply. Not worth repairing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis