so I talked to Netflix today,check this out

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, Netflix has that rep for throttling users. Happened to me and I cancelled the service as a result.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just mailed/returned my "Real Steel" rental in the mailbox yesterday (Thursday) .

Just got an email from Netflix saying I am getting my next movie (Another Earth) tomorrow (Saturday) .

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I just mailed/returned my "Real Steel" rental in the mailbox yesterday (Thursday) .

Just got an email from Netflix saying I am getting my next movie (Another Earth) tomorrow (Saturday) .
yep ! that's the way it's been for me for over 5 years,I mail it on monday and have the next movie by wed.

that's why the red flag popped up for me when it started all of a sudden taking so long to get back to them.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
so,I have tested several movies since this,and there is something going on,the ones I drop off at the PO get there the next day,and if I use my local neighborhood box it takes 3 to 5 days.

so obviously I will just use the PO from now on ,

and maybe I will call NF and or the PO and talk to them.(I am just that way )

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
so,I have tested several movies since this,and there is something going on,the ones I drop off at the PO get there the next day,and if I use my local neighborhood box it takes 3 to 5 days.

so obviously I will just use the PO from now on ,

and maybe I will call NF and or the PO and talk to them.(I am just that way )
Unfortunately the PO doesn't have to care and NF uses postal delays as the throttle.. no surprise. NF works pretty well as a streaming service, but doesn't work at all if you are impulsive about your video viewing habits. Redbox is fast and available but very limited. It all makes me nostalgic for the great days of a couple years ago when I had an unlimited Blockbuster account and a store a block from home. Comcast is rolling out its own streaming service (separate from On Demand), but, so far it isn't very impressive. All things considered, video viewing has seriously deteriorated over the past couple years.

J

jay21112

Audioholic
I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said:

It's kind of funny, but Netflix has probably been largely responsible for keeping the postal service alive in an era where they are hurting so bad.

You think there would be a lot more interaction between the two companies to create a more mutually beneficial relationship.

R

Rubicon_Joey

Audioholic Intern
I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said:

It's kind of funny, but Netflix has probably been largely responsible for keeping the postal service alive in an era where they are hurting so bad.

You think there would be a lot more interaction between the two companies to create a more mutually beneficial relationship.
Since moving to my new apartment the only thing I have shipped out of my mail box were BB dvds and rent checks (which after this month wont be mailed any more). I'm sure I'm not the only one either...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis