So I Made An Account at HD Tracks

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Not in a really long time, but I have one of their cd's, "Obsolete". "Descent" is probably my favorite track. It's an okay cd, but not enough for me to buy more.
I think Demanufacture is my favorite of theirs.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I remember looking at speakers like that with awe when I was a lot younger. I used to think "I'll never own a system that nice.".
If you look at most modern speaker designers, very seldom (if ever) do they listen to, or use hard rock, pop or R&B as a reference. At most they will say that their speakers 'should' be good for it, but most often you will find that they have to use the best of the best recordings such as, Pink Floyd's DSOTM, or Dire Straits Brothers in Arms.

ZZ top and just about everything else that includes intentional distortion effects as part of that "brown sound" sounds good through those kinds of speakers. Imaging, mid range clarity, detail and neutrality with R&R music? From 3 or 5 guys in a band? It doesn't take much of a speaker to resolve that. It just takes the right one.

I have nice speakers, but when I want to bang my head, those bad boys come out. They don't care about room modes or recording quality and I can hear everyone in the band. Done. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you look at most modern speaker designers, very seldom (if ever) do they listen to, or use hard rock, pop or R&B as a reference. At most they will say that their speakers 'should' be good for it, but most often you will find that they have to use the best of the best recordings such as, Pink Floyd's DSOTM, or Dire Straits Brothers in Arms.

ZZ top and just about everything else that includes intentional distortion effects as part of that "brown sound" sounds good through those kinds of speakers. Imaging, mid range clarity, detail and neutrality with R&R music? From 3 or 5 guys in a band? It doesn't take much of a speaker to resolve that. It just takes the right one.

I have nice speakers, but when I want to bang my head, those bad boys come out. They don't care about room modes or recording quality and I can hear everyone in the band. Done. :)
That's what I like about the Ultra line. They're not tame, that's for sure, and they handle my music very well. I actually have a pair of Fisher speakers like that, but when the surrounds went I didn't realize they could be fixed.

ffe564f8c3fae08730963a8794bc1d99--loudspeaker-audiophile.jpg

They're stands in my garage now. :confused: I'm pretty sure that one is the same model. Hard to say for sure because the paper is torn off the back.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Tool and NIN both have very good recordings. I just listened to Add Violence by NIN again yesterday. Great album, short, but great. HUGE soundstage.

@MrBoat I have a pair of old Pioneers like those that I use in my office that I got as a teen. Still work great.

J

jmalecki05

Junior Audioholic
I second Opeth; although I don't know off hand of they are available on HD tracks.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Tool and NIN both have very good recordings. I just listened to Add Violence by NIN again yesterday. Great album, short, but great. HUGE soundstage.

@MrBoat I have a pair of old Pioneers like those that I use in my office that I got as a teen. Still work great.
I just discovered I have a pair of Pioneers like that in "storage" at my aunt's house. Had them in my dorm the first time I went through college. Maybe I'll set them up as garage speakers for when I'm working on the car.

Love their cover of "Cars"
Yeah, it is a great cover.

Dark Bodies is one of my favorites from them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys, I know these aren't all on hd tracks, but I'm listening to every single band that's recommended and did discover some new music. Keep 'em coming!

I'm gonna check out the cars cover right now.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Hey guys, I know these aren't all on hd tracks, but I'm listening to every single band that's recommended and did discover some new music. Keep 'em coming!

I'm gonna check out the cars cover right now.
I've put Liquid Tension Experiment on my wishlist because of this thread. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I miss Type O. I've seen them more in concert than any other band. I used to see them every year when they would tour. October just doesn't feel the same to me without seeing a Type O concert now.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I guess there's no need mentioning Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera? You probably keep it in your safe.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis