So I have the greatest wife ever...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Warning if you don't like me and get mad when I talk about myself and "brag" then please don't read any further, instead go and ^%%^ yourself....
for everyone else, here are some pics of my happy day thus far....

I bought 3 bottles of 18yr jameson yesterday for my self, had a pour last night and i think I am still in a good mood from that...

She let me open some birth day gifts early....

First the card, with a piece of paper, she bought me an Olive 1 but since it doenst exist she got me a container of olives and the printout receipt, lol {if it ever even gets released}.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Next she found me a stamped never opened bottle from prohibition days whiskey{I collect these} so that almost 100 years old and no one has ever tasted it, I only have seen one other unopened bottle in my life in person and I own that one.... These are awesome, I started by collecting the empty bottles and I have a few crates they were shipped in... They are stamped with a mans name that is allowed to be in possession of it, the bottle is in awesome shape... Some day I am going to crack one open and taste it... Its actually a big bottle not sure why the picture made it look so small?

My inlaws {father in law mostly} they had it shipped to us they are out of state...
go me some chokes for my beretta 12ga and a sling, my kids got me a really nice grohman hunting skinner, mine is old and I love it but I will love this one more, they saved their allowance and bought it for me... very nice knife... If anyone is ever in the maarket for an amazing shotgun the beretta a400's {I have 3 of them} is the best I have ever shot, not cheap by any means, but they are worth every penny, this is the exel that has the digital readout in the grip, blue receiver, and piston recoil damper...

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My wife also made me {that I am too full to even taste} a crazy fruit apple crisp, with all kinds of berries and apple.... smells great...

AND THE SUN IS OUT

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, they make those knives a couple hours drive from my place. Great products; Grohmannn knives used to be standard issue for sailors when I was in the navy.

Now quit bragging, @$$hole! :D

I'll just go ^%%^ myself now....

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Happy Birthday Irv and many more to come. :)

Are you sure that old booze won't fry your lungs? As an old Scotch drinker, I understand the importance of aging but that's in a casket ... there's a birthday joke there somewhere ... not in a bottle ... I think?!?! :confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice gifts for sure man. I guess I don't need to say have a good one because it looks like you already have :) Happy B-day!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it...

Someone gave me a neg rep, lol I guess the go ^%%^ yourself, joke wasnt appreciated by some one, the ^%%^ just means POST, go post yourself is all I meant...

Anyway, thanks again, to all who posted and PM'd, you guys rock... Everyone has left , the caterers brought peanut-noodles {thai style}, roasted pork {some kind of sweet and tangy sauce}, risotto with straw mushrooms, , and a bunch of other stuff... the whiskey or wine went over big, we only had 5 couple over so 12 including me and my wife, and have a bunch of left overs, plus everyone took a doggy bag...

I have eaten so much in the last couple days, I don't feel good about it at all... just in the interest of full disclosure I am eating cheese cake rite now, last piece...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks bud, yah, I just finished it, I feel soo sick now......... why did I eat that?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, they make those knives a couple hours drive from my place. Great products; Grohmannn knives used to be standard issue for sailors when I was in the navy.

Now quit bragging, @$$hole! :D

I'll just go ^%%^ myself now....
Im not sure what it cost, but its a seriously well made knife, the quality is evident as soon as you pick it up..... I didnt know that about the sailors, very cool..

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Happy birthday man!
Go ahead and pop open one of those rare old whiskey's.. You only get one shot at life, might as well enjoy it!
We did with a 73 Lafite from my folks cabinet to toast Dad after he passed away.
Shoulda done it years earlier so he would of been there to enjoy it too.
Cheers, Mac
ps-it was less than stellar- not even as good as the 85 rating it carried- special all the same.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Happy birthday Irv,

I wish I could appreciate hard liquor but that Jameson would be wasted on me.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Happy birthday man!
Go ahead and pop open one of those rare old whiskey's.. You only get one shot at life, might as well enjoy it!
We did with a 73 Lafite from my folks cabinet to toast Dad after he passed away.
Shoulda done it years earlier so he would of been there to enjoy it too.
Cheers, Mac
ps-it was less than stellar- not even as good as the 85 rating it carried- special all the same.
Similar thing happened to a local guy he loved wine and had spent a good amount on a bottle that he held onto for 15 years, said he was going to drink it at his daughters wedding, then that passed, then he said his retirement, that passed, then he said he was going to open it on his 40th anniversary, he passed away 20 days before the anniversary party... his wife and kids decided to bury him with it and popped the cork before they shut the casket, they each took a glass and left a glass and the bottle in the coffin... There was an article in the paper about it, the bottle was valued at $15,000 when he passed away, and I remember reading the article and asking myself, could I drink a $15,000 bottle of wine? I know it makes sense to say yah you can not take it with you, but that doesnt mean some things shouldn't be left behind.... I think I would drink it and enjoy it with my family before it was too late, since I read that story, but otherwise I think I would have done the same as him...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Happy birthday Irv,

I wish I could appreciate hard liquor but that Jameson would be wasted on me.

I only like whiskey or beer, not really a wine guy and I really only like certain whiskeys... Irish mostly, and it has to me smooth and mellow, I hate the bite of a lot of the american stuff, like knob creek, makers mark, ect.. You can always pour a little gingerale in it and a lime with ice, the alcohol almost dissapears and you are left with the brrl taste...

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
A very happy birthday to you, I follow all the new posts here and enjoy them. Boasting is an artform and the lucky ones are not only good at it, but deserving of having the things to boast about! After reading about some of the whiskey here, have been tempted to try some of the more expensive ones, used to drink Johney Walker Black label in the navy (when I could afford it!) so picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 15 year old and I was wondering how it compares to the Jameson? Would it be smother? The Glenfiddich burns all the way down and I find it rather nice. Not an expert here, so value your opinion. Thanks, Don

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Don, try the Jameson select reserve {its a black lebal}, its around $30 a bottle, if you find it pleasing, you will just like the next bottle even more, the Jameson 12 yr is a little better $50, the gold is a step above that $75, the 18 yr is my favorite {but $100 a bottle its worth it on special occasions, but for the most part I drink the gold and the select}, and the rarest is their top bottle but can range from $300-600 depending where you get it.... I have had it and have a bottle with about 3/4 left in it at my office, BUT I wouldn't say its worth 3 times the price of the 18, I may even prefer the 18 to it...

So start with that $30 bottle, pour it neat of over ice and let it roll from the tip of your tongue to the sides then over and down your throat there will be no burn at all, just smooth taste, the select has a toffee / coco finish that every one picks up pretty fast, enjoying a drink shouldn't be painful, lol.. And I cringe when I see people shooting whiskey, slow down, enjoy it and try your best to taste every subtle attribute that the man who bottled it meant for... Its like listening to music for me, I am at full attention but so relaxed I could almost fall a sleep...

My grand father always said "Enjoying life is easy if you try but whiskey and music are here to take the effort out of it" ....

heres a pic of the lineup, the 3rd one signature reserve, is no longer available {I have a bottle unopened and one with 4-5 pours left, never was crazy about it}, the first bottle is your top shelf whiskey {if you ask for jameson at most eating establishments thats what you will get} simple triple d $25 a bottle, I like it with a tinge of water over wet ice... the rest are all gtg neat, easily enjoyed by even people who don't like the "hard" stuff... The select reserve is now labeled "black barrel" instead of small batch....I have one labelled small batch {came from out of US} its the same stuff ... its still small batch blend, but the black barrel refers to the fact that this spends a little of its ageing in a double charred barrel, they normally use charred sherry brls, this spends some time in a over charred brl and they say this contributes to its vanilla nose... IMO the best whiskey you can buy for under $75...

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis