So I detail cars...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not even a car guy and those pics get me excited about cars. Beautiful cars, beautiful photography. Thanks for sharing!

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm not even a car guy and those pics get me excited about cars. Beautiful cars, beautiful photography. Thanks for sharing!
I like a nice driving car, but I'm not either really. Especially exotics...two of my brother in laws are into cars...one has a 911, white 6sp...I drove it a couple of times. I get it, 95 mph in 3rd gear, but unless you get it track ready, the car doesn't get to let it's hair down near often for the money you pay for it. The other one has an M5...freakin v10 engine, no pics of his.

In our old office, there was a guy with an exotic car club biz...Ferrari, Lambs, Aston Martin, he had them and members of the club would rent them...crazy biz, but surprisingly he stayed pretty busy.

Attachments

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So I just heard there was a thread for detailing cars. Here's a shot of my previous Accord, an 07 in Nighthawk Black Pearl

And one of my current Accord, a '16 in Deep Blue Opal Metallic:

And some shots from when it was keyed :(:(:((in my driveway, no less):mad::mad::mad: last weekend:

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Clay bar! They are stupid easy to use and find a shine that no amount of wax alone can match! May not be news to some, but I finally gave it a trial this week, and WOW!

I'll try n get some pics up if I get all the cars done in between the rain this week!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I've been using this . Works well and easy, just don't use in direct sunlight and only do a panel at time unless you have a foam gun.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Clay bar is great. It takes all the contaminants off and cleans the paint. Still needs wax, and sometimes a good buff too.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Clay bar! They are stupid easy to use and find a shine that no amount of wax alone can match! May not be news to some, but I finally gave it a trial this week, and WOW!

I'll try n get some pics up if I get all the cars done in between the rain this week!
It's an important tool in the arsenal!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Clay bar is great. It takes all the contaminants off and cleans the paint. Still needs wax, and sometimes a good buff too.
Agree about the clay bar, but I haven't applied wax to a car in years, the only time the orbital comes out is when the wife has an "accident" :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agree about the clay bar, but I haven't applied wax to a car in years, the only time the orbital comes out is when the wife has an "accident" :D
lol I hear that.

Actually I wax my daily driver a couple times a year. My hot rod and boat I do a few more than that lol. I actually use the rotary on them periodically just because.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So what do you do for paint protection if you don't wax?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The link was in my first post, it's CarPros Hydr02 Foam, all in one wash and polymer.
Been curious to try that stuff but I'm old skool. Don't really believe in them. Like shampoo and conditioner in one. Lol

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ah yeah, I prefer using multiple steps to an all in one. I feel like it lasts longer that way.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Been curious to try that stuff but I'm old skool. Don't really believe in them. Like shampoo and conditioner in one. Lol
Can absolutely attest that it works perfectly. Try it and follow the instructions and you will never wax a car again.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Can absolutely attest that it works perfectly. Try it and follow the instructions and you will never wax a car again.
I think I will. I'll start with my DD and wife's truck. I'll go from there. I do however enjoy the act of polishing and waxing.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Ah yeah, I prefer using multiple steps to an all in one. I feel like it lasts longer that way.
3 months on average, if you look at the professional detail forums it will confirmed as well. My brother uses it on his M5, and he old school : changes his oil, removes his wheels to apply polymer , lots of passive mods etc.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
3 months on average, if you look at the professional detail forums it will confirmed as well. My brother uses it on his M5, and he old school : changes his oil, removes his wheels to apply polymer , lots of passive mods etc.
I'm definitely willing to try it. I detailed professionally, and to my little brain, you just can't beat putting your hands on paint. Don't believe in touchless car washes either. I will try this though, just because b

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I have so much product. I couldn't justify buying another one like this.

I use Poorboy's World sealant with wax over it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis