SMS Software Version

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
I was at the Velodyne site and found this software upgrade for the SMS-1 Version 2.1.3, can someone confirm that is the proper load that fixes the level issue that I read about? Is it easy to check the version on a box and upgrade if I decide to buy one and it turns out to have an old version?

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
I don't know about the level issues but I do know that it aids in some distortion issues that are inherent with the standard version software that the SMS comes with. What are the level issues that you have read about?

And it is super easy to check what version you have--you can see the software version that your box has right on the home screen that the unit displays. Now for upgrading I am in that boat because I just purchased a SMS and I need to upgrade it but I use Mac and I believe that the file in for PC. And you will have to get the specific cable which I believe is a USB to RS-232 to hook up to the box correctly.

I believe some of the other members on here will probably know how to do this or have done it themselves...as I need some coaching on this as well...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis