Smokin deal on a Mcintosh receiver.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
You really think that's a smokin deal? I see the 4100 (which I have that I bought new:D) sell all the time in perfect shape for about that price, maybe a little lower. The only difference is the battery backup and the digital display vs analog (read dial) for the 4100. Same amp, etc. Just curious. You obviously buy and sell more Mac than I, but it just doesn't seem like a hot deal considering the dings and scuffs.;)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Your mistaken about the differences between the 2 model receivers & the value.Something to remember about used Mac gear is that each model has it's own seperate resale value,things like how many units were made & rarity affect pricing drastically.

Your Mac 4100 was made for allmost 10 years & massive amounts of that model are on the market, the Mac 4200 was only made for 3 years with very limited numbers of units sold & on the used market.

Going from memory on this so i may be off on a component but these are the internal components of the 2 different models.

Mac 4100 resale value = $400 to $600
Mac 4200 resale value = $800 to $1,000.

Mac 4100 = 75 wpc.
Mac 4200 = 100 wpc.

Mac 4100 tuner section = MR-75.
Mac 4200 tuner section = MR-7082.

Mac 4100 preamp section = C-29.
Mac 4200 preamp section = C-30.

Mac 4100 amplifier section = Mc 752.
Mac 4200 amplifier section = Mc 754.

As predicted the unit was not for sale very long & was snatched up quick,more likely than not it will turn up agin in a month or two with a hefty price increase.

Last edited:
M

MARINA

Audiophyte
"BTW,the batteries the seller speaks of cost $5 & take all of 10 minutes to change"

Can you tell me how to replace the battery in the MAC 4200
TIA

D

deadinmind

Audiophyte
Macintosh 4200

I have one and it works awesome, But times are tuff $800 takes it 505-918-8418 Brad

E

EddieEsserman

Audiophyte
So, can anyone tell me where the MAC 4200 battery is, what type, and how to replace. Mine has long since passed. Thanks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
So, can anyone tell me where the MAC 4200 battery is, what type, and how to replace. Mine has long since passed. Thanks.
Hijacking threads, even such vintage is as this one is bad forum manners....

L

landonspop

Audioholic
I always thought hijacking pertained to live discussions. This obviously was dead and buried. New poster might have thought these 2 experts might help him.

E

EddieEsserman

Audiophyte
So sorry, guys, i was just looking for some help before I opened it up. Found the batteries and how unwelcoming some of y'all are. Happy New Year and adios.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis