Smart tv's apps no speaker sound

O

Omarr

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I know I've made plenty posts in the past days, but you guys are the only hope I have.

Got my 2.1 system today and Im real happy about it.

There is one problem though, when I play a game on my PC or watch Youtube on my PC, the subwoofer doesnt make a sound. The floorspeakers do though.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've got my receiver connected to my tv (both HDMI ARC ports)
and the pc is connected to the receivers "game" port using HDMI aswell.

I tried going to "Playback Devices" and found the "DENON-AVR-4" which should be my 2.1 system, selected the 5.1 system and disabled the center and side speakers so I should only have the tower speakers and subwoofer making sound. Unfortunately there comes no sound out of the sub.
When I went on Spotify tho, the sub did work. I used the spotify option from the receiver, not the spotify program on PC (it crashes ever since my av receiver is connected.

Any solution would be really appreciated!

Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon

Junior Audioholic
Try reconnecting the hdmi output of the computer to another hdmi input on the receiver (the input you are using could be bad). Im not sure how much low bass youtube puts out, but games have plenty of it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With a 2.1 setup I'd just use stereo mode and with a Denon that should include the sub if your speakers are set to small....or maybe even check your output settings for audio on the pc, what are they currently?

O

Omarr

Enthusiast
Try reconnecting the hdmi output of the computer to another hdmi input on the receiver (the input you are using could be bad). Im not sure how much low bass youtube puts out, but games have plenty of it.
With a 2.1 setup I'd just use stereo mode and with a Denon that should include the sub if your speakers are set to small....or maybe even check your output settings for audio on the pc, what are they currently?
Turns out my volume was too low on pc, when I cranked it up the bass came aswell, and man SVS definitely knows how to make subwoofers :D. Was afraid the neighbors would hear it too much if the volume was high, guess they'll have to get used to it.

I do have another problem now, my smart tv's apps like Netflix and YouTube don't work on it, everything else (pc, ps4, Spotify, radio) does work. I was tinkering alot yesterday and the day before yesterday, couldn't get the apps to work unfortunately.

The TV's apps should work, as it's a pretty new TV (2014/15?).

Would love to hear suggestions

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Turns out my volume was too low on pc, when I cranked it up the bass came aswell, and man SVS definitely knows how to make subwoofers :D. Was afraid the neighbors would hear it too much if the volume was high, guess they'll have to get used to it.

I do have another problem now, my smart tv's apps like Netflix and YouTube don't work on it, everything else (pc, ps4, Spotify, radio) does work. I was tinkering alot yesterday and the day before yesterday, couldn't get the apps to work unfortunately.

The TV should work, as it's a pretty new TV (2014/15?).

Would love to hear suggestions
How is the tv audio connected to the avr?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With an HDMI cable, both put in the Arc ports.
And you've enabled the hdmi control functions necessary in each unit to enable ARC? Check both tv and avr manuals for what you need to do to enable ARC....

O

Omarr

Enthusiast
And you've enabled the hdmi control functions necessary in each unit to enable ARC? Check both tv and avr manuals for what you need to do to enable ARC....
Managed to get the apps to work, only the mediabox doesn't work (cable TV). Maybe it's just a bit old or something, will ask the provider about it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis