Smart Phone Choice!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I would look at the recently release HTC one but it's just as big as the Galaxy S IV. I just ordered the SAMSUNG GALAXY Victory .

It's been called a smaller Galaxay SIII.
Matt, how well is your Samsung Victory working out for you? What kind of service are you getting from Virgin Mobile? Here, I can only get 3g. There is supposed to be an upgrade later in the Fall. Is the 3g really slow? I am just curious because Verizon seems to have the best coverage albeit 4g/LTE. However, it is also very expensive. The same merely can be said for ATT. Not sure I want to lock myself into a 2-year contract plus limit my data use. I know T-mobile/Sprint does not do that data wise, but their coverage is NOT as good as Verizon/ATT either. I guess like most things, you get exactly what you pay for. BTW, I sent you (2) PMs so not sure you got them. Just wanting to know a bit more about the Victory phone AND how well it is working out for you. Hopefully, it is working out just fine. Your input would really be helpful. Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Matt, how well is your Samsung Victory working out for you? What kind of service are you getting from Virgin Mobile? Here, I can only get 3g. There is supposed to be an upgrade later in the Fall. Is the 3g really slow? I am just curious because Verizon seems to have the best coverage albeit 4g/LTE. However, it is also very expensive. The same merely can be said for ATT. Not sure I want to lock myself into a 2-year contract plus limit my data use. I know T-mobile/Sprint does not do that data wise, but their coverage is NOT as good as Verizon/ATT either. I guess like most things, you get exactly what you pay for. BTW, I sent you (2) PMs so not sure you got them. Just wanting to know a bit more about the Victory phone AND how well it is working out for you. Hopefully, it is working out just fine. Your input would really be helpful. Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil
4g is worth it to me, but I do pay like 150 a month for 2 smart phones. We live off our phones and ATT is the best carrier in our area because they always launch the new tech around us.

Be sure to check out refurb deals and if you can use wirefly do so.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Isi. I am hoping to hear from Matt34 because he said he was going to order the Samsung Galaxy Victory. I also want to know how good of service he is getting with Virgin Mobile. ATT offers good service here as well, but it is also very expensive. Not sure I want to be locked into a 2-year contract either with data limits.

Cheers,

Phil

K

katgrl

Audiophyte
Recently upgraded to Samsung SIII. Great phone and does it all..EXCEPT is not compatible with my Infiniti G35 2007. Stuck, but the phone is worth an ear piece if I have to talk and drive.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Recently upgraded to Samsung SIII. Great phone and does it all..EXCEPT is not compatible with my Infiniti G35 2007. Stuck, but the phone is worth an ear piece if I have to talk and drive.
Thanks for posting. Who is your provider? Just curious is all. I really like the Samsung S III. It is one that I am considering for sure. Appreciate the info.

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I hated that about my 2012 G37XS same problem, they are in bed with Apple. I ended up buying a little ipod nano to sync. If you are choosing between the Victory or SIII its a no brainer to go for the SIII now that it has come down so much in cost because of its new big brother.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I hated that about my 2012 G37XS same problem, they are in bed with Apple. I ended up buying a little ipod nano to sync. If you are choosing between the Victory or SIII its a no brainer to go for the SIII now that it has come down so much in cost because of its new big brother.
No doubt. But, the problem is more choosing a provider and a plan. I am just concerned about those 2-year contracts. Not too fond of them by any means. I still say you get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I came across this website while researching smartphones. Here is a link: Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs Thus, I have found it quite useful. Some here may do the same. Just glad I stumbled upon it. Thought I would share. If, you find it useful, then please post here about it. BTW, I still have NOT made any decisions, but have made significant progress on picking the "right" smartphone for me, as well as, the "right" plan.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey folks I found another website that I really like. It is Phone Scoop Found it quite useful. If you do as well, then please post here and share your experiences/new found knowledge. BTW, still narrowing things down. I will get there sooner or later.....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis