Small bedroom system, RSL or SVS prime?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm tired of my TV speakers in the bedroom so I'm gonna put together a small, cheap system. I'm gonna start with 2 channels right now so I don't have to listen to the TV speakers anymore. I'm kinda between RSL CG3 and SVS prime satellite, I say kinda because I'm heavily leaning RSL. Down the line I'll go to a full 5.1 system. I have an older Denon receiver that I'll use, it's only for Direct TV anyway. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm partial to SVS because I have owned a couple of their subs and currently own the Ultra Bookshelf Speakers. SVS has anything you'd need for a 5.1 system. You could upgrade to bigger bookshelf speakers or towers later down the road and move the satellites to surround duty.

I have like, zero experience with RSL, but their newest sub has been getting some very positive reviews.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I really liked the AAs, but they are larger in size. If that isn't an issue, I'd go with them. I have also heard the R5Bi and it is also a very nice small speaker.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ok the RBH R5Bi peaked my interest. How good are they for 112.50 a piece? I thought RBH was very expensive. How good are they, they look really nice that's for sure?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
OK after going through things, and looking at the different options I went with and just purchased two RSL CG3 speakers. Joe is such a great, and patient guy that he honestly tipped the scales. Reviews of the CG3 are excellent too. I think I'll purchase the Speedwoofer wireless next and do 2.1 for a while. Like I said its for the bedroom, nothing super high performance or anything.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice. The RSL CG3's have some pretty good reviews. I think you're gonna really like them. Did you go 2.1 to start?

RSL-CG3-angle02-layered-320x524.png

Pretty sharp. Nice looking speaker. :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Nice. The RSL CG3's have some pretty good reviews. I think you're gonna really like them. Did you go 2.1 to start?

View attachment 20774

Pretty sharp. Nice looking speaker. :)
Just two channel 2.0 so I don't have to listen to the TV speakers anymore. Next I'm gonna get the speedwoofer wireless for 2.1. then I have to decide whether I want to run wires to the back of the room for full 5.1. I'd like to but I hate running wires.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
They were delivered this morning, and I'm stuck at work. Can't wait to go home and check them out. Should have taken the day off! Don't you just love getting new audio equipment, or speakers more specific delivered to the house? It's like Christmas each and every time!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They were delivered this morning, and I'm stuck at work. Can't wait to go home and check them out. Should have taken the day off! Don't you just love getting new audio equipment, or speakers more specific delivered to the house? It's like Christmas each and every time!

When I had a job I would just have stuff delivered to the office so I didn't have UPS/Fedex leaving stuff at the door with no one home, as they like to do....and so I could fondle it immediately of course ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I agree! I got my speaker yesterday and I feel like Santa is on his way with my tv mount! I forgot I have a wedding to go to though. I hope it gets here early enough for me to get it mounted.

When I had a job I would just have stuff delivered to the office so I didn't have UPS/Fedex leaving stuff at the door with no one home, as they like to do....and so I could fondle it immediately of course ;)
You dirty, dirty man... :p

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ok so I got home from work to the wonderful package from RSL, along with a package from Chewy but that was dog food for my doggy, not speakers. Anyway I bring them upstairs and open up to find these beautiful RSL CG3 speakers. The first thing I notice is they are very pretty, gloss black or is it piano black, either way it's extremely nice. The next thing I notice is the weight for these little puppies and how solid they are. So I get out my old banana plugs and unhook my TV speakers and hook up the RSL CG3 speakers. Look for a movie with some sound and Castaway is on right when the plane crash is happening and oh my God! The detail and sound stage is astounding. I mean I was like no way, there's no way. I am blown away and it's just stereo. That is my first impression after 30 minutes of listening. RSL is performing some kind of voodoo to make speakers this small sound this good at this price. Now I wonder what in God's name the CG4 speakers sound like?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis