Slim Devices Transporter Review

I hate CD players. They're bulky and they typically play only 1-5 discs at a time - unless you get a CD changer and that's like getting the family pack at Krystal - it isn't about quality. We're no strangers to Slim Devices Digital Network Music Players. In fact, we've reviewed both the second and third iterations of the Squeezebox Digital Music Players. One upgrade we asked for back when we were reviewing the Squeezebox was a more "normal" form factor that could be rack-mounted into a system and therefore allow the player to blend more naturally into a system instead of standing out like an iPod on a docking cradle… Well, Slim Devices (who was acquired this past year by Logitech) listened to me… OK, maybe it wasn't just me, but the end result is more than I would have expected - or even hoped for - a completely tricked-out Squeezebox with dual displays, upgraded DAC, and enough functionality to serve as the true powerhouse in any "analogue-is-my-friend" system. But can this new "Cadillac" model really replace your CD player?

Read the Review

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis