Should I rerun Audyssey?

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
I just retired from the USAF and am finally back in the states for first time in the past six years. I just bought myself Emotiva XPA-2 and XPA-5 amplifiers since I'm now allowed to go over the 70lb weight limit I was restricted to before.

Once I get receive the amps should I rerun Audyssey or should everything be the same?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
You're retired. What else do you have to do other than fiddling with your toys? I say rerun Audyssey whether it needs it or not. And congratulations on retirement!

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Rerun it. Why not? And welcome to the old boy's club.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Rerun audyssey.
I seems reasonable that changing amps is going to result in variations in SPL between XPA2 and XPA5 as well as the sub.
Maybe you could get away with just redoing the level match, but since you are in menu and have mic hooked up redo it and know it is good!:)

Cheers,
Kurt

selden

selden

Audioholic
You should re-run Audyssey whenever your listening environment changes, whether it be with the addition or replacement of amps, or if you move furniture around.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Congrats on your retirement!
I retired 10-9-07 from the Air Force and haven't looked back:)
Re-run and see what you think!
I didn't notice much difference when I put my A-21 into service for the fronts but it can't hurt.
Cheers, Mac
ps- Osan I take it..

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
Yes.

There may be slight delta in the amplifier gain between the Emo's and the Onkyo amps, and Audyssey will compensate if necessary by changing the level trims a tick or two. If nothing else has changed (speaker positions, furniture etc.), in theory the trims should be only things that (may) change.

You must really like it LOUD if that 1007 isn't doing it for you! :D

Best wishes on your retirement!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis