D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
I know sharp announced they are getting out of the TV business...I have two sharps and love them.

I am looking at upgrading y current sharp that is 65 inches to a 70 inch sharp 4k. I am not worried that they won't be in the TV business..

thoughts? the other option is the vizio M series.

i don't have to upgrad the tv..i am just being a brat..and want to...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had a Sharp in the second system until it got stolen. Replaced it with a Vizio and had no complaints. IMO, Vizio is better than Sharp, but the best panels are made by Samsung without question.

D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
I jjust haven't liked samsung..maybe too bright or me out of the box..not sure..we have a samsung up in our bedroom and not a huge fan...but i am not willing to spend the samsung money right now anyway...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No TV will be correct for every environment right out of the box and most will be too bright. Vizio M is a good choice.

CSnyder

CSnyder

Audiophyte
Run away from this tv if you really are looking for a quality picture. I kept it for 3 weeks and sold it. My 60 inch Samsung which is about 2 yrs old has a much, much better picture

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't touch Sharp. I would buy a Vizio M series before a Sharp. Sharp has terrible software, very poor picture quality, and poor reliability. There is a reason they are exiting the U.S. TV market.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Sharp has been circling the drain in the Americas for some time. After many failed attempts to set themselves apart from the competition with gimmicks like Quattron and paying for prime retail space only to be completely ignored instead of focusing on producing good quality televisions, it's not hard to see why they are leaving the American markets.

I agree with what others have said here, their performance compared to even the modestly priced Vizio and LG 4K panels is abysmal. I'd akin thier 4K sets to one notch above Seiki, and that's not very good.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Sharp TVs aren't very good and haven't been worth buying for quite a while. From what I've seen personally, Sony has the best LED image quality, with Samsung coming in second. If you have the funds and can afford the very best, then LG's OLED TVs are stunning.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis