Setting Up Audyssey....

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
I reset me Onkyo 876 last night, and this morning while everyone was sleeping and the house was its quietest i reran Audyssey.

I noticed something while I was running the test tones. My center Channel in in a cabinet under the TV, the cabinet is designed for a center channel with a cloth center door... Anyhow while i was running the test tones. they seemed more muffled then the rest of the speakers (obviously) but as the test went on it never changed. I thought I remembered Audyssey compensating for this last time...

My question is, does Audyssey make corrections on the fly or only after it gathers "data"

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
After I reviewed the settings I noticed the center channel was set to +10... so it must have compensated...

I have come up with a second question, it is kind of multi part...

Ive been reading... and rereading, scratching head, rereading.. the "official" Audyssey thread on AVSForum. It is packed with SOOO much info.. I am more confused now after reading it...

First off I am currently not using a subwoofer.. and ALOT of the Audyssey documents referrer heavily on sub placement.

Where I get confused is why people suggest changing crossover settings, turning on/off THX loudness, Setting Mains to small, when infect the are large... things like that..

These receivers are so technologically advanced and some settings rely on other setting being set CORRECTLY, and all the different modes... its kind of overwhelming...

Thanks everyone...

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Audyssey's rule of thumb is:

* if you have a SW on your setup, set all speakers to SMALL, even though Audyssey says otherwise;

* if you don't have a SW, then set the main L/R speakers to LARGE though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis