B

Black21ice

Audioholic Intern
Okay I need help setting frequency
Sub is svs pb 2000 17hz - 260hz +- 3 db
Cmt 340se center and mains 48hz - 22khz +- 3db
Back and surrounds are
Cbm 170 se 58hz - 22khz +- 3db

Any suggestions would be nice i have read a lot on this subject but still fail to grasp the concept thanks.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Okay I need help setting frequency
Back and surrounds are

Any suggestions would be nice i have read a lot on this subject but still fail to grasp the concept thanks.
You have been ignored because we don't understand your question.

You have just quoted the band width of your speakers which is only one, and a minor one at that, as to how you go about bass management.

To give you good advice requires a total listing of your setup, including speaker and receiver and or amps involved at the minimum.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
set crossover setting at 80hz on the receiver (for all speakers) and highest possible on the sub itself.
The rest should be configured by Auto config

B

Black21ice

Audioholic Intern
You have been ignored because we don't understand your question.

You have just quoted the band width of your speakers which is only one, and a minor one at that, as to how you go about bass management.

To give you good advice requires a total listing of your setup, including speaker and receiver and or amps involved at the minimum.

Ok sorry im trying to learn but seems like the more i read the dumber i feel.

My room is 24x24
Receiver Denon avrx 3000
Back and surrounds are

My question is how do i need to go about setting the crossovers. Currently i have sub at 80 and everything else at 60.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
My question is how do i need to go about setting the crossovers. Currently i have sub at 80 and everything else at 60.
As stated, go in your receiver menu - set the speakers to small -
set the crossover to 80 hz for all speakers.

On the sub - turn the crossover knob all the way up - the receiver
will control the crossover and not the sub

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Understand that a crossover is not a brick wall. It is gradual with a defined slope, probably either shallow (12 dB/octave) or steep (24 dB/octave).

If you set an 80 Hz hi-pass filter for your speakers, a slope of 24 dB/octave means that at 40 Hz, one octave below 80 Hz, your speaker still produce sound, but about 24 dB quieter than above 80 Hz. And at a half octave below 80 Hz, 60 Hz, your speakers will be about 12 dB quieter. You will hear something in the 60-80 Hz range from your front speakers, but you shouldn't hear much from them at lower frequencies.

Some receivers allow you to choose between steep or shallow slopes, and others don't.

As others have said, start by setting the crossover at 80 Hz, all around. See how it sounds, and then proceed by trial and error. Try setting it higher, say at 100 Hz, and lower at 60 Hz. Play with these settings until you are satisfied.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis