Service center - Paradigm

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Can anyone help me find customer service / service center for Paradigm speakers here in East Coast - tri-state area please? I believe my Cinema 110CT sub-woofer is a piece of junk and I need to replace it / service it. I think I might have made a mistake buying Paradigm, as I strongly believe a manufacturer who makes it difficult to find out their service centers (I went all thru their website - couldn't find it) should be avoided. Anyways - with the help of you good folks I just might be able to knock at their doors.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I'm pretty sure Paradigm dealers are authorized service centers. Where did you buy it?

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
Call the shop you bought the gear from or call a local Paradigm dealer and explain the situation to them. If it is in the terms of warranty it will be repaired or replaced. If out of warranty they can still fix it and you will be billed for the repair. I suppose if it was a known failure they may still repair it at no cost or little cost.
I've been a happy Paradigm owner for years and have never had a problem. Sometimes it happens regardless of the brand or model.
If you really think it is a piece of junk and feel badly towards Paradigm, sell what you have and replace it with another brand rather than being angry and upset with gear that should provide enjoyment.
Good luck and keep us informed on how it plays out.

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Call the shop you bought the gear from or call a local Paradigm dealer and explain the situation to them. If it is in the terms of warranty it will be repaired or replaced. If out of warranty they can still fix it and you will be billed for the repair. I suppose if it was a known failure they may still repair it at no cost or little cost.
I've been a happy Paradigm owner for years and have never had a problem. Sometimes it happens regardless of the brand or model.
If you really think it is a piece of junk and feel badly towards Paradigm, sell what you have and replace it with another brand rather than being angry and upset with gear that should provide enjoyment.
Good luck and keep us informed on how it plays out.
I understand Paradigm is good, in fact my center, surround and front speakers blow away all comparison - they are great. I bought it from www.amazon.com as they had a good deal. Upon contacting they advised me to contact manufacturer. My friend has exactly the same model, bought from 6th. Avenue Electronics, NJ and he has exactly the same problem as mine, after 4 months of usage, mine: immediate. Problem: Even if the RCA cable connecting A/V receiver is NOT connected, just power's connected the woofer does a big boom every once in a while! 2 customers, different times bought, same model, different stores - same problem! Not good. 6th. Ave also stated to contacted manufacturer. In their website they do NOT detail any service center, they provide 1 contact phone number which is next to impossible to reach --- what else should i say/state here??

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Paradigm does not allow online sales of their products, even through 6th Ave (unless you pick up local). That is why they told you to contact the manufacturer - you have no warranty if you didn't pick them up. Locate a LOCAL dealer, explain to them that you want the items repaired and you will most likely have to pay to get them repaired/replaced.

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Where's that mentioned in their warranty info? Where's that mentioned in their website? Would you please help me out please.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
Where's that mentioned in their warranty info? Where's that mentioned in their website? Would you please help me out please.
From their Dealer Locator page:

IMPORTANT: Paradigm® and Paradigm® Reference speakers are sold across North America through a network of authorized dealers. None of our products are offered for sale over the Internet or by Mail Order with the exception of Cinema CT "5.1-in-a-box" systems. Some of our dealers may have websites on which they have been authorized by Paradigm to sell these systems and these systems only. Paradigm provides a warranty only on products sold by our authorized dealers.

6th Avenue is an authorized retailer so they should handle the warranty work. I was only able to locate these numbers from the site:

General Numbers:
Phone: (905) 564-1994

Customer Service:
Phone: (905) 696-2845

Was the site you bought from an authorized dealer? If not, you may have to pay for the repairs through a local dealer unless you can convince them otherwise. Sorry

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Important information - regarding warranty

Finally, I got in touch with a service rep who seems to understand. Anyways was told - yes: you need to purchase via Authorized service rep and dealer, etc. However, in order to have my sub-woofer repaired I'll need to open the back of the receiver, take out the amplifier portion, carefully package it, pay postage and send it over to their factory - upstate NY. The repair will be covered under warranty, not shipping. He indicated - it's actually a better option as although dealers have been trained no one can match the QC and expertise of having the product tested, repaired by factory. Most of the times, upon receipt of product they determine if there's definitely a fault within 10 min and send you a replacement which they take care of the issue amp. internally. Also, he stated as a matter of goodwill they many times upgrade your woofer amp., free of cost. In this case from your CT sub-woofer to DSP series (as PDR series is 1:1 almost to the CT series). He however asked me if I possess a multimeter and asked me to probe the woofer first along with removing the amp and record the results. He said anyone with knowledge of speakers will know what that is and as far as I am concerned - I haven't got a clue on what to test. This is important for getting the RMA #. Any leads?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis