Separate cables to BI-WIRE B&W DM601 s3 and Marantz sr6300 (Van den Hul cables )

S

stifa

Audiophyte
I recently bought B&W DM 601 S3 speakers along with Marantz SR6300 receiver and got 2x3 meters of Van den hul SKYLINE Hybrid cable (http://www.vandenhul.com/cable/skyln-h.htm), but now I would like to bi-wire them and I was told that I need to buy a set of bi-wiring cables or buy an extra pair of cables of same length.
As I understand advantage of bi-wiring is only seen when using cables that are better in bass for bass/mid connector, and using cable thaat excells in high frequencies for the tweeter connector of bi-wire inputs.
In order not to lose money on cables here is the question:

CAN I USE Van den Hul SKYLINE HYBRID FOR THE TWEETER AND Van den Hul CS-122 (http://www.vandenhul.com/cable/cs-122-h.htm) FOR THE BASS/MID??

WILL THIS BE BI-WIRING OR JUST SPENDING MONEY AND HEARING NO EFFECT??

Different cables have different properties like resistance,impedance,material theyr made of, These two cables are not of same material and have different properties that I do not understand (see links). Is that a problem 4 bi-wiring?
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.?
THANKS ,WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP FOLKS! CYA
MARKO

U

Unregistered

van den hul

your best off just using one of those cables for both hi and low terminals.
if you mix the cables i find it "muddles" the sound.I use the skyline bi-wiring on my mordaunt short MS202's and it sounds better than when i tryed what you were going to do! hope this helps.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
WILL THIS BE BI-WIRING OR JUST SPENDING MONEY AND HEARING NO EFFECT??
Marko;

The benefits of biwiring are next to null if you start out with a well designed cable. Biwiring can be problematic if you choose a high capacitance cable as you essentially double the capacitance in biwire configuration which can cause amplifier stability problems and/or frequency peaking.

My recommendation is to use a single quality cable with an effective gauge between 10-12AWG. Check out our cable face off articles as you will find many high performing cables from Cobalt, Axiom, Tributaries, River Cable, AVCable, etc. IMO its more important to put the budget for the cable in the termination to minimize contact resistance and ensure the connection is good. This is why I am a big fan of compression banana plugs which are found on the River and Tributaries cables for example.

When I get time I will write up a more detailed article on biwiring since this question comes up so often.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis