Sennheiser HD650 too large for my daughter...Suggestions?

J

jlm86

Audioholic Intern
My daughter is violinist, perfect pitch musician, and I would love to get her the Senn. HD 650 phones.

She is pretty small and I believe they are just too huge for her.

Consequently she begins looking at Bose and all that stuff. Àny recommendations for sound quality of 650 in a smaller format?
Thank you

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would look for HD600 for more neutral sound. Headband on those headphones can be adjusted for quite small heads so I don't really see a problem there. If you want smaller ear cups then I would look for Beyerdynamic DT990 or some Grados.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
I think Beyer DT 880 are smaller but they are tonally bright. I like them but some people have a problem with their tonality. They are very comfortable, very very clean.

J

jmalecki05

Junior Audioholic
I am a small person (5'3) and have a small head. Plus I wear glasses, so headphones are quite challenging. I have been using the Senn HD 598 for a year now and am very pleased with the comfort. They are excellent for concert music (I use them quite frequently with my digital piano) as well as soft and hard rock, jazz, blues, classical and orchestra. I also use the Bose QC 25 noise cancelling. In short, they are amazing with classical music (fell asleep on an international flight listening to Beethoven), but are a tad loose. I would test them out (Best Buy for example) before considering. They sound great with my piano, but not great with most non-classical music.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis