sennheiser hd 800 or ath-w3000 anv?

R

RedSeus

Audiophyte
Question is as title says and I would like to know which to buy and if anyone on here has tried beats pro with an amplifier,I would like to see how it turned out for you since I heard it messes it up even more.im coming from ath-m50s and beats pro

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Sennheiser hd800 sounds better but look cheap(er). ATH looks better but measurements are not as good...
In this price range I'd also look at Audeze too - their biggest problem is the weight (can be uncomfortable).

S

sszorin

Audiophyte
Did you decide already ? If not what type/types of music do you want to use the headphones for ? That is a very important question when choosing a new headphones. Another important consideration is what primary function do you want your headphones to do ? On the one end, do you want to listen to music analytically and want to hear all the sonic details in the recording or on the other end this is of low priority to you and you aim at the pure euphonic listening pleasure ? Or something in between ? You have to answer these questions first in order to get a proper recommendation
P.S. Forget the Beats.

Question is as title says and I would like to know which to buy and if anyone on here has tried beats pro with an amplifier,I would like to see how it turned out for you since I heard it messes it up even more.im coming from ath-m50s and beats pro

J

jelkinsmith

Audiophyte
Hello,
According to me Sennheiser HD 800 will be the best.
HD 800 is truly ‘Crafted for perfection’ and will satisfy the most demanding listener. Above all very recently Sennheiser HD 800 has been awarded as the best headphone by all renowned DJs. And in this regard Sennheiser has launched its new Sennheiser HD 25 Aluminium.
To know more about the product read from their official website: shop.sennheiserindia

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
I agree with Sennheiser as that is what I own.

AVisualGeek

AVisualGeek

Enthusiast
I am a big fan of Sennheiser for phones. You can mark me down as voting for that one. Specs between the two, you could do better with audio-technica but it will cost you more.

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
I have the HD800 and I am extremely satisfied.
The only thing I am not happy with is that it sounds so good with Hi-Rez material and that means that I am updating or buying new audiophile recordings to suit the phones.

I

IanU

Audioholic Intern
Hd 800

hi Fuego, which recordings suits your Sennheisers the best of your recent purchases/ upgrades? if I may ask.
cheers Ian

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
I have the Hd800's for 2 years now and I couldn't be more pleased. I listen mostly to Jazz , Classical and a bit of funk and blues. I love acoustic instruments.
But why don't you make a CD with your favorite music, take it to the shop and audition them?

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
I have the Hd800's for 2 years now and I couldn't be more pleased. I listen mostly to Jazz , Classical and a bit of funk and blues. I love acoustic instruments.
But why don't you make a CD with your favorite music, take it to the shop and audition them?
And don't forget you do need a good amp or old stereo receiver with a dedicated Headphone out to drive them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis