See what $1,000,000 (or more) can buy

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Look at this "steal" of a HT. 1 Million $ Dream . Ok, I know I could do some really noble things with a million dollars, and sure humanitarian efforts would be nice, but lets be honest, this system could fill the hole in my heart that friends, family, loved ones and church just can't. ;)

Who has $1 mil to drop on HT? Lucky buggers.

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
Yeah, but would you be able to tell the differnece in a double blind.....ah forget it...

Mmmmmmmmmm, moneeeeeeey...huhuhuhu...

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Cygnus said:
*drools* I want a million bucks! :D
Million bucks - Heck no. My wife'd make me spend it on stupid stuff like my son's college, or a house, or food, or some other crap. Give me the equipment and don't tell her what it's worth.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I'd love to have that extra room in the house to do that. I'll show the wife the pictures, and see what she says. I don't know if I'm in love with the "vertical mummy caskets" for the speakers. But hey, if you got 'em, flaunt 'em. Can anyone make out what type of components he's running? It's not a very high resolution shot.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Nice. When I build my house, I WILL be putting in a theater room.

Paul

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I would rather use that million bucks to purchase a big house.

A million bucks for home theater... wow :D

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Wow, I'd love to have that, but thats a little much for the price. I have a friend that actually owns and operates a few movie theaters and you can build a whole 4-6 screen theater including everything land, equipment, building itself for around a 1.2 mill couldnt imagine something costing that much in my house. But D*MN I'm jelous.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I'd love to have that extra room in the house to do that.
Forget the extra room, I would put up a cot and guard the place. Of course while I was watching and listening to this AWESOME set-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I would have to guard the place, would be because I had already spent all of my money and could not hire a fleet of guards....

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
With that large of a screen, I wonder if DVD video has enough resolution to fill up that screen.

And how are those JM Lab Utopias? I have heard that they cost a ton. But how do they really sound? :D

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
Perfection and what money can buy, it shows how people with money are just better then the rest of us.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
You can go to the Cedia site and check out a ton more setups. The one I posted was just the winner of $1,000,000 and up for 2004. There's 5 more years and there are some more "budget" minded setups that start at a mere $100,000. What's funny is I really hated 2 of the more expensive setups. Imagine spending $500,000 and then not liking the setup you have. By the way the company that did the Million Dollar install is in Toronto.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
What I'd do with $1 million?

Two women at the same time.

That's it??

Yea. The way I figure it'd take $1 million for a guy like me to be able to.

Paul

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Francious there has never been a more noble use of money that I know of. I'm actually tearing up as I write this. God bless you sir for putting it all in perspective. ;)

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Francious70 said:
What I'd do with $1 million?

Two women at the same time.

That's it??

Yea. The way I figure it'd take $1 million for a guy like me to be able to.

Paul
Office Space, gotta love that movie.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Takeereasy said:
Francious there has never been a more noble use of money that I know of. I'm actually tearing up as I write this. God bless you sir for putting it all in perspective. ;)
Patriotic don'tcha think??

"I'm doing it for the people."

Paul

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis