See Audioholics' Favorite Gifts, Win Moshi headphones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bwilberg266

Audioholic Intern
The in-laws bought me a Panamax 5300 power conditioner last year...not bad!

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
I'll count this one as a "holiday" gift, given that my birthday falls into what is called the "holiday season."

About 6 years ago I moved into a new place with my then-girlfriend. We fought for a while about how to set of the living room, with me preferring a setup that led to better placement of the front speakers, and no stupid coffee table between the listening position and the loudspeakers. We ended up compromising (speakers set up along a different wall at the right height and orientation, but coffee table in front of the couch, no subwoofer in a room corner though considering my ULF at the time was coming from a closed box Ava18 powered by a Crown XTi2000, placement wasn't a huge factor) but neither one of us was happy with the way it looked (or sounded), truth be told.

That year, I woke up on my birthday...and found the living room arranged the way I had originally wanted it, with the front three speakers optimally placed and the coffee table banished to the side where it belonged. Obviously, I needed to tweak here and there (hide wires better, set levels, recalibrate the multisub system for the new subwoofer locations, etc.)

It didn't cost her a cent, except for lost sleep. But it was by far the best-sounding gift I've ever received.

Last edited:
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
The only audio/video holiday gift I've ever received was a high-end stereo system from my parents when I was in high school. So it is automatically the best I've gotten. But it was also my first serious piece of audio equipment (I asked for it specifically) so it was very important.

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
My wife does not care about audio at all. So when it comes to buying me things for Xmas, she is at a loss. She has bought cheap portable speakers before ("Oh that is just what I need on my desk at work." I get them out of the house, so she does not see them sitting and collecting dust.) She has bought me wires, low quality boom-boxes, and portable radios. She tries, but just does not get audiophile sound.

Two Christmases ago, there was a large, heavy box under the tree. I thought "oh, no. What has she bought now." On Christmas day I opened it with trepidation. There was an Emotiva UPA-2. With no prompting from me, she had bought me an amplifier. Not only that, a good amplifier. She had noticed me looking at the Emotiva site and had bought one of those black boxes that I have everywhere. I am still enjoying the heck out of that gift.

Jim

W

worm254

Audiophyte
vps 210

the best holiday audio product i received was a boston acoustics vps 210 subwoofer. simply awesome!

Archivist

Archivist

Audiophyte
the best gift was finally getting my lovely wife to allow me to build my home theater in our basement. I had orginally had the room "roughed-in" but she had it "finished" and it became the storage/junk closet for 5 years. When she finally allowed me to convert it - WOW, its been fantastic!

Dave

B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
Best gift

The only new audio/video type gift i ever got was Canon digital DSLR xsi which i love but hopefully getting ipad this year. For my 13th birthday I got a cheap all in one record tape radio unit but it was my first audio device and my into to music so it was very cool.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
My best holiday gift was when my wife agreed that we could create a home theater in our basement. It turned out to be the best christmas AV present ever.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Timing Is Everything

My best AV gift was in late 2008, when my spouse approved a TV upgrade from an old CRT to a new Pioneer Elite KURO PRO-151FD HDTV. Little did I realize then that it would be the last series of KURO made by Pioneer and my last purchase from a local AV store that later went under due to the poor economy.

T

Turbine66

Audiophyte
A Step Up

My wife and I went shopping on Black Friday 2 years ago and were able to Supersize. During that time, our largest TV was a 27" tube that my large family had to gather around for movie night on. On Black Friday just the two of us got up fairly early and decided to go have fun without the kids. We were way too late for the big TV deals but just having fun. Mid-day, we went to Sears, for fun, checked the TVs out. I ended up bring a 52" Plamsa Panasonic home for a Family Christmas present. I hid the TV at my brothers until Christmas Eve. Then brought it home and swapped out TV's in the middle of the night. The kids absolutely freaked out. Then later that day, Red Wings were on and I put them on in HD. That was MY best a/v Christmas present.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
My favorite gift from Xmas was when the Playstation3 came out.

I remember my wife and son going out to get something, but said they’ll be coming home late.
I never thought in my mind that they would wait in line and “hope” to get a Playstation3.

On Xmas morning, I opened up my present and I was floored!!
Not only that I was excited to get the Playstation3, but it was not only mine and as a family we enjoyed it greatly. Fast-forward to December 2010 Christmas day, I got the now Slim Playstation3, which I added to my Home Theater stable and now the original PS3 is in my sons room running strong!!

I knew the PS3 was meat to stay 

P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
Best gift for contest

My best gift has been an Emotiva 5 channel power amp.
I love it and it drives my Martin Logan's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Moshi

Audioholics Approved Vendor
The Winners Are....

Thank to all who participated!

The randomly selected winners are....

Tdekany

Alex2507

gholt

Contest winners, please email contest@moshicorp.com with your full name and shipping address to claim your prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis