R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Just ordered a second submersive HP+ for my media room and very exited about it. Its a sealed room that is just 3200 cubic feet. So I stink two should do the trick.

Cheers

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Please post pics in the Pros and Joes thread so that we can salivate over its goodness :D.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I second the request for pics :D, and congratulations on the new gear!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That should be absolutely awesome. I third the pics request :D

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Once i receive it some time end of next week. Yup. I am very exited as well and hope to dial in before watching Pacific Rim

YourDhass

YourDhass

Audioholic Intern
if you have a receiver that only has one sub input, can you use some kind of splitter to hook up a second? if so, are there any downsides to this method?

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
That's the standard way to do it. There's no real downside to this. The signal is weaker but you just adjust levels during setup to compensate. If your receiver has two subwoofer outputs, AND ALSO has the ability to independently set levels and auto-correct the channels, then and only then would there be a real downside.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats. I hope Seaton stays in business for a long time, because I'd love to have a two or three master/slave combos at some point in the future (many years away, if I can ever afford them).

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
if you have a receiver that only has one sub input, can you use some kind of splitter to hook up a second? if so, are there any downsides to this method?
The only downside comes into play if the subs are at different distances to the main listening position. Calibrating the two and making them play nice together takes more effort. Specifically, the phase needs to be matched and the levels adjusted independently. There is no set formula, since it depends on the individual setups. If anything, there are various approaches on setting up multiple subs, with different location optimization and calibration techniques.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis