Second Rythmik LV12R

M

mx416

Audioholic
Mini DSP and Mic arrived today.

Here are some of the first sweeps. Sweep from 10-150HZ. X-over set at 80 in the AVR. AVR set to Stereo mode. No delay has been set since AVR does not have that option. Front L/R speakers were connected/playing. subs set to "Mid" bass extension

I have a sub placed next to my right speaker. Labeled Front sub (Pink) 12' from MLP

The second sub is placed about 3 feet right of the MLP. (Purple)

I also took a reading of the the subs together(Green).

I am working on how i can best utilize my mini DSP. Any help or insight would be much appreciated
First try 1-10-17.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What you want to do is trim the green peaks at 25 Hz and 55 Hz. Personally I would just try manually use filters to attack those peaks, but I don't know the exact steps on how to do that with MiniDSP and REW. If I were you, I would just follow the steps in this guide to achieve a flat response.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Well not quite the progress I had hoped for.

I have done roughly 10-15 different EQ setups in the miniDSP and still not the results I am looking for. I have had some success with EQing from 35Hz up, although the hump at 25Hz is still an issues. I will try some more filters in the coming days.
Red graph is no EQ
Green is EQ
35hz up.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
well the green is better at least. All you need to do is bring that 25 Hz hump down. The LV12r subwoofers are being used in the "high" setting, correct? If not, switch them to 'High'. You could also plug the port one of them, that will certainly bring some of that deep bass down.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well not quite the progress I had hoped for.

I have done roughly 10-15 different EQ setups in the miniDSP and still not the results I am looking for. I have had some success with EQing from 35Hz up, although the hump at 25Hz is still an issues. I will try some more filters in the coming days.
Red graph is no EQ
Green is EQ
View attachment 19821
Have you tried moving the subs around to different locations in the room?

M

mx416

Audioholic
I current have my Bass extension switch set on "Mid". I will change it to "High" and give it a go.

Currently I am EQing the signal before it splits to each individual sub.

My current filters are:

FQ Gain Q
25 -4 15
39 4 4
46 2 6
52 -2 10
65 1.5 8

M

mx416

Audioholic
Have you tried moving the subs around to different locations in the room?
Unfortunately I am limited on where i can place my subs do to Room layout. (Open Kitchen, Walk ways, Sliding Doors, Ect)

M

mx416

Audioholic
Well after another 8 test this evening i think i got a more respectable result. Ended up needing to adjust the Q's more than freq & HZ. Planning on watching Blood Diamond tonight and listening to a couple test songs to confirm the REW results.
Success.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The blue line looks very good. why does the response fall off just below 80 Hz though? I would be testing up to 120 Hz at least.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Just after the previous post I added a narrow band Eq @79hz. Cleaned up that dip.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis