Sealed 18" Dayton RSS460HO-4 in 4 cu ft "Kit" - Best thing since sliced bread?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you for advice, but we are talking here about knock down kit. All i expect to purchase is wood glue and clamps and I might have someone help with that ;-)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Uggg, Real life has a way (and wife) getting in the way of such projects.. The truth is building it in my small apartment is Maybe, borderline ok, but no way in heck I could paint it inside.
Other finishes, like ether to complex for me (laminate) or too ugly (gray carpet). Leaving it base mdf is not very desired.

With these in mind and the total cost of parts, materials, tools and extras - the bill could easily come close to 900-950

That's not far off from PSA XS30 which comes all ready, has auto-power switch off, very low stand-by usage and accepts consumer level inputs from the get-go ...
XS30 on specs do look pretty impressive and has good warranty as well

Will just have to add another $135 for mini-dsp
I had the same dilemma when I first started my projects. I don't just use the tools to build speakers, and when I finally get all of my projects completed it will have been worth the money. I will say that if you are only planning on a single build that I agree that it may not be worth the time and effort (and mess). Good luck on what ever you decide.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I had the same dilemma when I first started my projects. I don't just use the tools to build speakers, and when I finally get all of my projects completed it will have been worth the money. I will say that if you are only planning on a single build that I agree that it may not be worth the time and effort (and mess). Good luck on what ever you decide.
Thank you,
I have in the back of my mind to one day build ER18 and ER15 speakers, but these are significantly more complicated than assembling a knock down box, dropping in one speakers, few cables and playing around with few EQ settings. I would need all the tools mentioned by lsiberian and probably much more. In short these projects will have to wait.

So ether I take someone on offer to build this kit for me or just get ready sub like xs30 .... Option a) could be more economical, but I need to figure out if ready box will even fit my compact car

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Don't forget the option of building at another location. Family/friends might have the space or the tools to help. Trustworthy is key! I do alot of the large work at my dads.;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis