Science Fair Project...

D

derekbannatyne

Audioholic Intern
My friend and I are doing a science fair project together, and recently came up with a new idea since our old one crashed and burned. We were originally going to test housing structures under variable wind speeds, but have a new project in mind. We're going to be constructing two pairs of speakers, both with the same internal volume (1.717ft^3) and using these 4" woofers and these 3/4" tweeters, along with this cheap 4500hz crossover. We're going to test whether or not the shape of an enclosure matters if the volume remains the same. The size of the first enclosure will be 6(W)x10(H)x8(D), and the second will be 8.25(W)x16(H)x4(D). The second pair will be designed to be put inwall, to reduce the negative effects of conventional inwall speakers. Will this project turn out alright? We've already ordered all the parts and I'll probably be constructing the enclosures sometime tomorrow. How would we connect the speakers to the crossover, then to the terminals and how much power would these be able to handle and what's the impedence? Also, would these sound alright? Thanks for the help.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Post the part numbers since this site blocks that URL.

D

derekbannatyne

Audioholic Intern
Oh forgot about that over here... the Goldwood 4" woofer part # is 290-373, and the Dayton tweeter is 275-035. The crossover # is 269-956. As you can tell we're on a really tight budget.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis