D

Darkwing_duck

Audioholic
F8500 series by Samsung is a fantastic line. They really knocked the ball out of the park. It has a wicked feature for 16:9 movies with black bars at the bottom it has an algorithm that figures out where the black bars are and shuts off the LEDs for that area making the bars black. Pitch black. Oiled black.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I have this TV, it's fantastic! I can't think of anything that I don't like about it. If you have any specific questions about it, I might be able to answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I have this TV, it's fantastic! I can't think of anything that I don't like about it. If you have any specific questions about it, I might be able to answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free
thanks Chuck ... i bought the tv last night :)

though i landed on a different size

any tips on the picture calibration settings?

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
thanks Chuck ... i bought the tv last night :)

though i landed on a different size

any tips on the picture calibration settings?

That is a very nice looking panel please post up any calibrations you come across and if I find any I will surely let you know. I just set up the baby brother to your panel for my parents and also seek setting advice ;)

G

GlockFan

Audiophyte
After a ton of research, I just ordered this LED. I should receive it next week.
MikeC, I sent you a PM. Thanks

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
After a ton of research, I just ordered this LED. I should receive it next week.
MikeC, I sent you a PM. Thanks
note though that i think samsung changes models around february :)

knowing that, my brother just ordered one as well.

Last edited:
G

GlockFan

Audiophyte
I really did not want to pay what I did to buy it. I am sure the new ones will be a lot more than what i wanted to pay for the one I got.. lol
I can't wait to get it.

T

ThePaz

Audiophyte
Expert calibration

The following are the entry's in the fields for calibrating your UN65F8000B Flatscreen TV (From Our Experience):

PICTURE MODE: Movie

Backlight: 12
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 49
Sharpness: 12
Color: 43
Tint: 50/50

PICTURE SIZE: Screen Fit

ADVANCED SETTINGS:

Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Black Tone: Dark
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB: Off
Color Space: Auto
White Balance:
R-O: 47
G-O: 24
B-O: 18
R-G: 25
G-G: 24
B-G: 12

10p White Balance: Off
Gamma: -1
Expert Pattern: Off
Motion Lighting: Off

PICTURE OPTIONS:
Color Tone: Warm1
Digital View: Auto
Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto2
Auto Motion Plus: Smooth
Smart LED: Standard
Cinema Black: On
Apply Picture Mode: Current Source

T

ThePaz

Audiophyte
Calibration of samsung un65f8000b 3d hd led flatscreen tv

The following are the entry's in the fields for calibrating your UN65F8000B Flatscreen TV (From Our Experience):

PICTURE MODE: Movie

Backlight: 12
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 49
Sharpness: 12
Color: 43
Tint: G51/R49

PICTURE SIZE: Screen Fit

ADVANCED SETTINGS:

Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Black Tone: Dark
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB: Off
Color Space: Auto
White Balance:
R-O: 47
G-O: 24
B-O: 18
R-G: 25
G-G: 24
B-G: 12

10p White Balance: Off
Gamma: -1
Expert Pattern: Off
Motion Lighting: Off

PICTURE OPTIONS:
Color Tone: Warm1
Digital View: Auto
Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto2
Auto Motion Plus: Smooth
Smart LED: Standard or Customized: 0 & 2, respectively.
Cinema Black: On
Apply Picture Mode: Current Source

Excellent Big Screen Images. From our experience & perception this is the "BEST" HD LED Flatscreen TV by Samsung. And is well worth the price of approximately $3000 for a 65 inch Flatscreen TV. 3D ready with 4 pairs of glasses & an additional conventional remote control with the complicated metal "Smart" remote, that requires some refinement before truly comfortable for TV viewers. This was a big bonus that when reading the reviews, before purchasing the aforementioned Samsung HD TV was not mentioned. Also Samsung has incorporated "BD Wise" technology in it's products for fantastic images even with old regular DVDs, that won't go to waste just because they were purchased years ago.

We also bought a Logitech Harmony 650 universal Remote Control Unit (RCU) that literally replaced five other RDUs cluttering our end-table. For example, it replaces the DIRECTV "Genie" Satellite & DVR RCU, the two Samsung HD TV RCUs, our Pioneer 100 Watt/Channel Surround Sound Amplifier RCU & our Samsung Smart 3D HD Blu-ray player RCU. It's been a "Godsend" to us, finally one RCU for all our Home Theater Electronics.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I tried those settings and they look awful. I would not recommend anyone use these.

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
You can go here to find your specific model and recommended calibration numbers.. Of course your room lighting and vision will play big factors but these calibration numbers will get you in the ballpark for sure.. http://www.tweaktv.com/tweak-my-tv/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis