Samsung UN55HU8550 Screen issue

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Samsung UN55HU8550 WP_20140713_001.jpg

OK So the wife purchased this from her cousin last month brand new in box. the 55 inch. THe TV worked fine until today. I turned it on and I got a black and white screen split in two. I can hear the sound from the tv, but we get no picture.

I always buy my stuff from a store with ext warranty, but because this was a tv I was just gonna use to replace and old dlp in the kitchen, I didnt mind taking a chance on it. Plus it was priced right.

So now we have a Brand new TV with no picture. Im not really mad Cause My Panny Plasma is my main TV. WIfe IS mad cause she uses it, and she feels her cousin should do more to rectify the situation. Im not getting into it. But he knows thats the last thing we will ever buy from him, and Ill make sure he loses many more customers. Ive attached a pic. Any Ideas on fixing would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Samsung UN55HU8550 View attachment 13705

OK So the wife purchased this from her cousin last month brand new in box. the 55 inch. THe TV worked fine until today. I turned it on and I got a black and white screen split in two. I can hear the sound from the tv, but we get no picture.

I always buy my stuff from a store with ext warranty, but because this was a tv I was just gonna use to replace and old dlp in the kitchen, I didnt mind taking a chance on it. Plus it was priced right.

So now we have a Brand new TV with no picture. Im not really mad Cause My Panny Plasma is my main TV. WIfe IS mad cause she uses it, and she feels her cousin should do more to rectify the situation. Im not getting into it. But he knows thats the last thing we will ever buy from him, and Ill make sure he loses many more customers. Ive attached a pic. Any Ideas on fixing would be appreciated. Thanks
This is not your wife's cousin's fault. It is Samsung's fault for making a lousy TV. Samsung TVs are known for this problem.

Since this TV is brand new, her cousin should be able to get manufacturer's warranty for you on this TV. If there is no warranty then you will have to pay for repair. You wife is way out of line to blame her cousin for this.

Unfortunately there is no longer a decent TV made anywhere in the world anymore, such is the public's eagerness for junk and the spurning of anything of quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Can you bring up the menu screen?
I doubt it, that TV has a totally dead panel, a problem Samsung plasma TVs are well known for. This also upsets the other panel. His primary problem is a totally dead panel.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
This is not your wife's cousin's fault. It is Samsung's fault for making a lousy TV. Samsung TVs are known for this problem.

Since this TV is brand new, her cousin should be able to get manufacturer's warranty for you on this TV. If there is no warranty then you will have to pay for repair. You wife is way out of line to blame her cousin for this.

Unfortunately there is no longer a decent TV made anywhere in the world anymore, such is the public's eagerness for junk and the spurning of anything of quality.
lol, I agree with all the garbage out now. I blame apple and the Mp3 craze.....But she doesnt know any better. Only reason I got it is cause it was 4k. But to tell the truth, pic quality is ass compared to my panny plasma. Tv is only good for 4k content

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Can you bring up the menu screen?
Cant bring anything up. All it does it let me hear the sound from whatever show is on.

I doubt it, that TV has a totally dead panel, a problem Samsung plasma TVs are well known for. This also upsets the other panel. His primary problem is a totally dead panel.

Im gonna take it to this tv shop monday. Hopefully he can help.

oh, and her cousin also said the same thing happened to his tv.....damn it samsung.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Cant bring anything up. All it does it let me hear the sound from whatever show is on.

Im gonna take it to this tv shop monday. Hopefully he can help.

oh, and her cousin also said the same thing happened to his tv.....damn it samsung.
It that case their is no point on paying to have it fixed, as it is junk before it broke down and will be junk after it is fixed!

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Well I took it to a shop today. owner told me to take it to this authorized samsung repair guy cause its a new set. said samsung will most like still fix under warranty. Also said samsung is know for this

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yep seems to be the capacitor problem from my search and it's not only Samsung. I would go to all ends to get it done free don't give up.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So, the next time you, (or I), are in the market for a new big TV, what are you going to do?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So, the next time you, (or I), are in the market for a new big TV, what are you going to do?
I hope my Plasmas last a long time. My Panasonic at Eagan is 18 months old and the one at Benedict is 12 months old. I still have my Plasmavision, and that was taken out of service working.

Other options would be eBay etc, or if push comes to shove, moving to a projector system.

There is hoping someone will figure out a decent screen by the time I need the next one.

Then of course there is the distinct possibility I may well have had my half day out with the undertaker, before I need to shop for a new one.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Then of course there is the distinct possibility I may well have had my half day out with the undertaker, before I need to shop for a new one.
I hope you see all your TVs die and have to replace them. ;)

C

chris6878

Audioholic
got tv fixed under warrant. it had a bad led board or something like that

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis