Samsung plasma power cycling?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Try using a different cable. The only times I have seen pink on TVs, especially Panasonic, was because the cable was bad and in those cases, the whole screen went pink.
I wish it was that. It's on multiple sources and had the issue when the TV was still in my office. It's got a LOT of hours on it, so it's death was coming sooner rather than later.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Well, an update here. Keeping the tv unplugged overnight seemed to fix it - until today when the issue started all over again. I may decide just to give myself an early Christmas present with a new tv rather than deal with a repair. The plasma has lasted almost 15 years with zero issues, so honestly hard for me to complain.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, an update here. Keeping the tv unplugged overnight seemed to fix it - until today when the issue started all over again. I may decide just to give myself an early Christmas present with a new tv rather than deal with a repair. The plasma has lasted almost 15 years with zero issues, so honestly hard for me to complain.
This is going to be the power supply. See if you can find a refurb, I bet there are guys still fixing them. Replacing the power supply is very easy and straightforward and takes about 20 minutes at most.

highfigh

highfigh

I've only seen surge devices that install in the panel. A little research revealed type 1 devices that install on the meter and some companies recommend both a type 1 device at the meter and a type 2 in the panel.

Pioneer and Panasonic had the best plasmas back then. If the op wants to keep the Samsung and there are working power modules available, that's probably the best solution. It's the labour costs that will add up fast and swapping modules will be the quickest repair.
Some companies make surge protection breakers, some make a unit that mounts to the breaker panel. Cutler-Hammer is one of the latter and a couple of my customers have these- one of them went because of a storm, but none of the electronics, which also have a surge protection strip in their locations has had problems and that's good for me because I'm getting their 50" Panasonic plasma TV today. I already have a 42" and that was bought in 2014, IIRC. Power has gone out because of the Panamax shutting off <90VAC/>140VAC, but it works as well as it did when it was new.

I was absolutely amazed when I saw the picture from a Pioneer Kuro 65" sometime around 2004-2006. The detail and black level at 3' away were incredible.

highfigh

highfigh

How old is it? Around 2009, Samsung had bad problems with electrolytic caps, but those were usually in TVs that were sold under other names with Samsung modules.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
How old is it? Around 2009, Samsung had bad problems with electrolytic caps, but those were usually in TVs that were sold under other names with Samsung modules.
I think it's from 2011, maybe 2012...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis