Samsung LN46A650...

M

Mike.A

Audioholic Intern
Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum, i have been browsing alot but never posted anything. I just recently bought a new LCD TV. Its 46" Samsung 650 series.
At first i thought the picture had looked phenomenal but that could have been the initial shock of my new purchase. After time when on i noticed that the picture while playing Blu-Ray off my PS3 seems grainy. It is most visible in the litter pictures but is constantly there.

I have the Blu-Ray hooked up via HDMI 1.3a and it is going through a sony receiver. Now is the TV just bad, or what would you suggest trying? it looked better as a display in the store from where i bought it fyi.

If anyone has any ideas or comments PLEASE help.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
You can always try a test and hook the PS3 directly to the TV using HDMI. If the picture improves then the receiver is the culprit. Look at the TV with another source (i.e. satellite, off-air digital antenna, etc.) and see if they also have the graininess. If they do then the TV is likely the culprit. If only the PS3 is grainy and the other sources are not, then the PS3 is likely the culprit

M

Mike.A

Audioholic Intern
Sorry I guess I had forgotten to mention that it really is only when I play the Blu-Rays, well at least that I have noticed. I got my HD DVR going through my receiver as well and that doesnt apear to have the grainy effect on the SD channels, or even the HD ones. I will try to connect the PS3 directly to my TV tonight and try that, thanks.

empire29

empire29

Audiophyte
How do PS3 games look - do they look grainy too? Also - does the A650 support 5:5 pulldown for 24fps video sources?

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
You're fine Mike, you probably don't have nothing to worry about. Lots of movies are using the grain effect, I'm not a fan of this, but there's no big deal.
You should use an animation movie like "Ice Age 2", "Shrek". Computer generated animation movies really show off a TV and don't use that grain effect. All you get is beautiful, color saturated, detail rich images.

M

Mike.A

Audioholic Intern
Sorry...
I got if fixed, it happened to be line noise. I got a power conditioner and then it cleaned it up instantly. The natural grain in movies is still there (obviously) but nothing extra. Crisp n clean!

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Line noise? Glad that's gone.
Enjoy your "natural grain" :D

A

Affejunge

Audioholic
Mike,

Are you saying you plugged the PS3 into the line conditioner or the TV (or both! :))

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis