Samsung LED Tv goes black while watching Blu Ray Movies

James Martin II

James Martin II

Audiophyte
Hello,
I hope this is the correct section to post my issue with my Samsung TV. What is happening is while watching Blu Ray movies my screen will go black for 3-5 seconds randomly though out the movie. this does not happen with my Xbox just my blu ray player. i have also tried different ports on my AVR and still have the same issue.
my system goes as follows:
Panasonic blu ray DMP-BD330 to Denon AVR X7200w (with HDCP2.2 Upgrade) to Samsung UN55C7000

thank you for your help

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hello,
I hope this is the correct section to post my issue with my Samsung TV. What is happening is while watching Blu Ray movies my screen will go black for 3-5 seconds randomly though out the movie. this does not happen with my Xbox just my blu ray player. i have also tried different ports on my AVR and still have the same issue.
my system goes as follows:
Panasonic blu ray DMP-BD330 to Denon AVR X7200w (with HDCP2.2 Upgrade) to Samsung UN55C7000

thank you for your help
If you are lucky, you may have a bad HDMI cable. I would try some different cables if u have them (but I would not go purchase new cables without some troubleshooting first).

It's very likely an HDMI handshake issue. And this is typically difficult or impossible to correct, unless it happens to be a cable!

First step, plug the Blu Ray player directly to the TV and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then the AVR is the problem. If the problem persists, then it must be the TV or Blu Ray player. Then u need to try the Blu Ray Player on a different TV and/or the TV with a different player.

Once u figure out where the problem is, then u can try to fix it. If u are lucky, a firmware update may fix it. If not, you will likely have to replace the offending component!

James Martin II

James Martin II

Audiophyte
thank you for your help Slipperybidness sorry it took so long to reply work had me busy. I tried all your suggestions and the problem still persisted. but i did figure out what it was. in my settings on my blu ray player i have a setting for YCbCr 4.4.4 and 4.2.2, RGB (Standard), RGB (Expanded). so i had bought a 4K Mastered blu ray movie and the issue was if i had the Blu Ray set to YCbCr it was too much for my Samsung Display, but if i played a regular blu ray it was fine. so it was something with the 4K Mastered blu ray that is different and i have to set my blu ray player to RGB.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
thank you for your help Slipperybidness sorry it took so long to reply work had me busy. I tried all your suggestions and the problem still persisted. but i did figure out what it was. in my settings on my blu ray player i have a setting for YCbCr 4.4.4 and 4.2.2, RGB (Standard), RGB (Expanded). so i had bought a 4K Mastered blu ray movie and the issue was if i had the Blu Ray set to YCbCr it was too much for my Samsung Display, but if i played a regular blu ray it was fine. so it was something with the 4K Mastered blu ray that is different and i have to set my blu ray player to RGB.
Well, at least it was an easy and cheap fix!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis