P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have been waiting for the price of the BD-P2550 to come down but I can get the BD-P1500 now for C$149.99. Is this player at least comparable to the Sony S350 or Panasonic BD35 in terms of PQ, SQ and reliability? I know the P1600 can stream Netfix HD like the 2550 can but other than that is the P1500 a good buy?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I have been waiting for the price of the BD-P2550 to come down but I can get the BD-P1500 now for C$149.99. Is this player at least comparable to the Sony S350 or Panasonic BD35 in terms of PQ, SQ and reliability? I know the P1600 can stream Netfix HD like the 2550 can but other than that is the P1500 a good buy?
It depends on your receiver. But the short answer is No.

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/compare.php?checkbox30=93&checkbox44=23&checkbox56=62&submitA=Compare&action=compare&p=1

The Samsung doesn't Bitstream.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, but it does bitstream. Regardless, I am going to return it. It is cheap but I still prefer the 2550 that can do Netfix. I guess there aren't too many 1500 users around here.
Have you considered the LG BD300 since you really don't need the reon chip with your display.:)

Last edited:
J

JLMEMT

Junior Audioholic
The 2550 is the one I have my eye on. Though I would really like it to come down to $300 or less. :rolleyes:

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you considered the LG BD300 since you really don't need the reon chip with your display.:)
You are right, I don't need the Reon. I am really impressed with my XDE-500 and I can't imagine the Reon can do any better. The LG is on sale for 299.99 but the reviews on them are not encouraging. The Samsung BD-P2550 was on sale a few months ago too at 299.99 but it seems that prices of all BD players have gone up lately, especially in the U.S. after you factor in the exchange rate.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
:eek::eek:
Sooner or later I'll the terminology down.
Yes that is what I meant.
Sorry but I edited my post, I shouldn't have assumed what you were thinking:eek:. After all I have a hard enough time thinking for myself!:D

Last edited:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry but I edited my post, I shouldn't have assumed what you were thinking:eek:. After all I have a hard enough time thinking for myself!:D
Not a problem. I don't mind being corrected on the rare occations that I'm wrong.:rolleyes:;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis