E

E.J.W.

Enthusiast
I am already looking to upgrade to a more feature packed Blu-ray player. I like the performance of the Pany BD80 that I now have but want to be able to access the likes of Pandora & VUDU as well. My question is.. will the Samsung have the same picture quality as my Pany? I've read some early reviews on the Samsung which seem geared just to get you to buy it. I need a "hands on" review by the pro's here on this forum. Has anybody played with one of these yet?
Thanks.
E.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I can't comment on the specific model Samsung that you are inquiring about, but I think the PQ on my BD-P1600 is just fine. Looks as good as my PS 3 to me, but I haven't done any real critical comparisons.

I will say that Pandora seems like a nice feature and I have a few channels set up on mine, but I never use it. I guess it would be nice during a party or something.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Samsung's players are also notorious for quality issues, if that is a factor. I have Netflix on a number of devices and I have used it a few times simply because I can, but for the most part I haven't found it to be a big benefit.

E

E.J.W.

Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies.
I heard the Samsung quality issues were "fixed" or at least improved upon with the latest release of the 2010 models. I was hoping that was true.
I'm really happy with my current Panasonic but my on demand movie preference of VUDU can now only be had via a so equipped new Blu-ray player. Of which Panasonic is not one of them.
When I seen that Pandora and VUDU both were available on the Samsung it seemed an easy choice. I can't justify spending $200 on a box just to get (only) Pandora when a new Blu-ray with both Pandora and VUDU is the same money.
E.

E

E.J.W.

Enthusiast
Well....... I went with tried and proven performance. There were just way too many bad posts about the Samsung players to chance it. I could not turn down a $200 price for the new Panasonic BD85. I sold my BD80 for $150 so all I had to shell out was $50 to upgrade.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis