samsung auto programer

M

marmyk1

Enthusiast
just hooked up a samy ln46b540 when i used the plug & play function i got all these dtv channels that are uesless. the sourse is locale cable no box. can i auto program without picking up all those dtv channels.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure if you can have it program only analog channels. I don't see that in the owner's manual. You can manage the channels afterwards as described on page 15 of the manual under "Managing Channels."

Just curious - why do you consider the digital signals to be useless?

M

marmyk1

Enthusiast
the channels marked dtv are blank pay per view channels & theres a couple hundred of them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
the channels marked dtv are blank pay per view channels & theres a couple hundred of them.
Ahhh. Are they scrambled? The auto programmer should clear scrambled digital channels from the list (also mentioned on page 15).

M

marmyk1

Enthusiast
there not scrambled just blank or a still screen like on a dvd player.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If they are at the upper end of the channel listing, then perhaps you could stop the auto programmng when it gets to them.

Other than that, I'm sorry that I can't help you. Maybe someone else here can, either tonight or tomorrow. You might need to use the channel managing steps.

M

marmyk1

Enthusiast
I'll use the favorite channel function to get around it i gess, thanks for the help.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis