Samsung 3600 Blu-ray problem

S

sedonalar

Audioholic Intern
My Samsung 3600 won't play discs. It just reads "LOAD" and I get a blue kinda screen with bubbles. Samsung says to send it in. It's only 5 mos old. This seems to be a common problem with this player. Anyone else have this issue, or any advise. It sounds like this will be a problem now, and in the future.

Any suggestions on another unit for $300 or under.
I have this hooked up to a new Onkyo 906 and Samsung LED 55" via HDMI. Everything else hooked upp works, including my PS3.

:(

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Panasonic BD60. It's $137 right now at Amazon. Their FW support is excellent, and it better be, because Panasonic owns the majority of bluray patents.

I assume you did update your Samsung's player? It won't play ANY discs?

Do you really need another player, if you have the PS3? I understand the idea of using the gaming machine only for gaming, if trying to extend its longevity perhaps. But . . . $137 is $137.

I'm using a three-generation old Panasonic, and I believe I've only updated 3 times over 2 years. Works just like a dandy.

Ok, I just ran the keyword search of "blue screen" in a 3600 owner's thread, and I see that back in July, the FW update back then wiped out settings and disabled wireless connection. I'm sorry to say it, but Samsung does have a history of poor FW support. They are supposed to have got a lot better, not that's saying much, but perhaps you used a bad FW update.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16762527

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think it is protesting because you referred to it as "BLUE-ray" :p

Get the Panny, be all done with it.

S

sedonalar

Audioholic Intern
Samsung Update

As of today, 11-10-09, Samsung rep said it must go in for repairs. I then went to their web site under problem solving. It is clear that if a Samsung BD say's "LOAD" and shows a blue screen with bubbles; it's like the computer blue screen of death. The rep didn't explain the issue, only the droid like response that the unit needed to be sent in for repair. And reminding me that Samsung only covers labor for 90 days, "whata joke!". My bad, I bought an extended warranty for the 55" LED TV, but at the time, I figured, what could go wrong with a BD player. :mad:

Well, I have been using my PS3 BD, and I had forgotten how nice it is. Much better than the Samsung. This Samsung will be used in my master bedroom. What a shame.

I explained to the rep how the Internet is full of the BD 3600 horror stories, to no avail. He has obviously heard this more times than he wanted to. This was the first time I have had an electronic component go bad in many years. :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Their early DVD players weren't so hot either. They seem to be a hit and miss sort of thing, where once in a while a particular player will have lots of problems. For TVs, I love them. For DVD/BD players, they would not be the first place I looked.

S

sedonalar

Audioholic Intern
Samsung 3600 Up Date

Samsung was fast and returned my repaired unit in about 10 days. So far no problems. It looks like they up dated the firm ware.

:)

T

Torqueaholic

Audioholic Intern
My Samsung 3600 won't play discs. It just reads "LOAD" and I get a blue kinda screen with bubbles. Samsung says to send it in. It's only 5 mos old. This seems to be a common problem with this player. Anyone else have this issue, or any advise. It sounds like this will be a problem now, and in the future.

Any suggestions on another unit for $300 or under.
I have this hooked up to a new Onkyo 906 and Samsung LED 55" via HDMI. Everything else hooked upp works, including my PS3.

:(
Sorry man, I'd advise you to shop for something else, even if its for no other reason than to get away from samsung's lousy customer service! good luck bud!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis