Sample Anthem ARC Genesis arc / arc3 file for MRX 520

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
I finally got my MRX 520 repaired, which has been sitting on the shelf for more than 4 years now. A lot seems to have happened since then including the introduction of ARC Genesis. I tried to run ARC genesis but soon ran into a few hiccups, one of them being a "Critical audio problem". Apparently this is another well known bug with the ARC genesis software and happens when there is no arc file already uploaded on the receiver. The fix is to first upload an .arc file first and then run the measurements. See here:
around 2:35 in the video.

My hope/request is, do any of you guys have a sample .arc3 file for the MRX 520 that I can upload into the receiver before running the ARC Genesis? Since I never ran ARC on this receiver, I have no such file. I would be extremely thankful if somebody can provide me with one.

Thanking you in anticipation
Paul

D

dolynick

Audioholic
I've seen that error before.

It's related to the microphone. I usually have to go in and set the Mic to device to allow/disallow exclusive mode and then back. Then it usually goes the next try. Bit of a pain, but I've always gotten it to work eventually.

Specifically, these settings:
1708030004812.png

It has never required a pre-existing file to work in any case for me. It's an issue with Windows and ARC not interacting nicely with handing over mic access.

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Update: Just wanted to update this post because I figured out a way to fix the «critical audio problem» issue at least on my MacBook Pro. The solution is to run it while the MacBook is plugged into the power source. Also do this procedure after having rebooted your Mac (may not be required but I did so). Then the measurements go through without problem. So the thing is, the MacBook’s USB port is not able to deliver enough power to drive the arc microphone if it is being run on battery power. I didn’t try this solution with my windows laptop though. Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

Cheers,
Paul

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis