Rythmik Audio subs at Ascend Acoustics

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I am very tempted again to upgrade my Mirage. These subs look awesome!

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Those are some tasty looking subs at GREAT prices. I would like to see a shoot out between the ULS-15 from Hsu Research, and the Ascend RYTHMIK F-15. Both are sealed 15's forward firing. Hmmm :rolleyes:.

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
Would you guys recommend the down-firing D15 or the front-firing F15? Regardless of price?

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Would you guys recommend the down-firing D15 or the front-firing F15? Regardless of price?
You might need to call Ascend and ask them the differences and decide yourself. These subs were all available in kit form, and I only know of one forum member that has one. And I can't remember his name :(

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Are they running the same amps as the rythmik...

I am also wondering if they are using a different box or what the construction is.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I like front -firing for front and down firing for rear. If budged allows get front-firing first and later down-firing

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Are they running the same amps as the rythmik...

I am also wondering if they are using a different box or what the construction is.
nope.

370w RMS class A/B servo controlled

for the rythmik, it probably slopes off the low end at high drive levels (if the 12"er is something like the 15"er)

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like they used the same Rythmik provided plans that I used to build my Rythmik sub. It looks the same except for the feet. I can say that the sub ROCKS though and I would highly recommend it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, they are basically fully built versions of the kits that Rythmik offers. At first glance, 370w might seem like it isn't a ton, but I am using their A350 amp with my 15" and it really surprised me in terms of what it is capable of.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Don't really have the space, time or means to do that either! haha

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
They look good, but the pricing is a bit high in my opinion. Basically they are charging you $400 for the box. If you're good at woodworking, you can just buy the Rythmik kit and materials and save yourself about $300.

I love my Rythmik. But it definitely isn't as pretty as the ones on the Ascend site.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Problem is on your side then, because I have been to the site a few times recently and your link works fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis