Rythmik Audio Owner's Thread

B

bsf

Audioholic
I currently own the F15... But I'm building an HT room.. Now I don't mind spending the money but id rather not spend it; I only will spend it if its going to be worth it
So Dual F15HP or DUAL FV15HP.. just buying 1 extra F15 or get 2 new FV15
the room is 15'x13' (sitting area) actual room is size is about 30' by 15'

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I currently own the F15... But I'm building an HT room.. Now I don't mind spending the money but id rather not spend it; I only will spend it if its going to be worth it
So Dual F15HP or DUAL FV15HP.. just buying 1 extra F15 or get 2 new FV15
the room is 15'x13' (sitting area) actual room is size is about 30' by 15'
The sub(s) will 'see' the entire space, not just the sitting area, so that's the calculation you need to go by. Without knowing the ceiling height we only have 2/3rd's of the equation, but assuming a standard 8' you have 3600 ft^3 to fill. If it were me I'd just get another F15HP. A pair of them will easily fill that much space and will be the least expensive option to boot. Double bonus.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Dang.. I scared myself. A few weeks ago, I had to do some plumbing work which was directly over the sub. I moved the sub away from the spot having disconnected power and the LFE lines feeding the sub. I also disconnected the sub out from the AVR and once the plumbing was done, reconnected everything. I was watching Independence Day last night and I noticed I wasn't getting any bass from the sub at all. I switched the sub from auto to on and still no bass. I went through the menus on both the BluRay player and the AVR and everything was set correctly. Frig... Did I get water in the unit? I then traced the cable connection to the AVR and noticed it was connected to the sub pre in instead of the sub out. Moved the connection to sub out on the AVR and I was getting bass again. I hate when shite like this happens but it feels good that it wasn't anything bad..once the fright wears off that is.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
BTDT!
I'm not sure I could make a wrong connection that would result in a failure, but I decided to simply make sure I could see what I was doing after scratching my head for too long one day!
My HT setup has easy access to the backs of the receivers.
For my other system, I keep a compact mirror and flashlight handy! I bought one similar to these from Walgreens:

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Mirror-ASSORTED-Colors-BLACK/dp/B0119X5O3Y/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1442884576&sr=8-9&keywords=compact+mirror+black

If I had it to do over, I think some come with built in LEDs.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
BTDT!
I'm not sure I could make a wrong connection that would result in a failure, but I decided to simply make sure I could see what I was doing after scratching my head for too long one day!
My HT setup has easy access to the backs of the receivers.
For my other system, I keep a compact mirror and flashlight handy! I bought one similar to these from Walgreens:

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Mirror-ASSORTED-Colors-BLACK/dp/B0119X5O3Y/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1442884576&sr=8-9&keywords=compact+mirror+black

If I had it to do over, I think some come with built in LEDs.
Wrong connections are easy to do in a poorly lit environment and shen one is in a hurry. I know better but mistakes do happen.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I then traced the cable connection to the AVR and noticed it was connected to the sub pre in instead of the sub out.
Never heard of a sub pre-in. Looked at your back panel and there it is. Has both a sub pre-in and a sub pre-out. Why?

It seems like the AVR is just passing thru the sub signal. How would you use that?

Maybe a separate component, like BDP, where you want to use the BDP DACS and run analog speaker cables to your AVR. Including the sub would allow it to be included in the AVRs sound modes, like Direct. Is that it?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Never heard of a sub pre-in. Looked at your back panel and there it is. Has both a sub pre-in and a sub pre-out. Why?

It seems like the AVR is just passing thru the sub signal. How would you use that?

Maybe a separate component, like BDP, where you want to use the BDP DACS and run analog speaker cables to your AVR. Including the sub would allow it to be included in the AVRs sound modes, like Direct. Is that it?
Umm maybe I wrote this wrong.. Its on the AVR side where I connected to pre-amp input for the sub instead of the sub out .

B

bsf

Audioholic
Do these settings look good for 2 open port HT only
If you can't make it out (the pic on the left) all the switches are in the UP position. 50hz/24; ON/2; 14; LOW damping

Attachments

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm thinking you would want to select avr/12 and use the LFE input terminal.

B

bsf

Audioholic
I think i hear a slight humming noise when using the LFE input vs the LINE IN, thoughts?

also for dual FV15HP do u suggest 1 or 2 port opened for 3000 cubic foot room for HT

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Rythmik will be prototyping their first 18 inch sub in a ported configuration sometime in February with production targeted for the summer. I can't wait to see how this beast will perform given Rythmik's pedigree. :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Rythmik will be prototyping their first 18 inch sub in a ported configuration sometime in February with production targeted for the summer. I can't wait to see how this beast will perform given Rythmik's pedigree. :)
Probly gonna be the size of a refrigerator!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Probly gonna be the size of a refrigerator!
Hang on!! I forgot to add the dimensions... :oops: Dimensions are 21"(W) x 33" (H) x 23" (D)

which is slightly larger than the FV15HP whose dimensions are 18"(W) x 24" (H )x 24"(D) - (26" D with grille and heatsink)

21” wide, 23” deep, 33” tall

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
post #22754 of 22771

Hi guys,

As I mentioned before Chris Fogel, from Hyperion Sound @ ELBO Studios in Glendale, CA got an FV15HP back in June 2015 for his film mastering studio. Today we got a second order from him for a pair of F12s for a small stereo room. He is very impressed with the capabilities of the FV15HP. So I just wanted to share with you guys the list of the movies he already mastered using the FV15HP:

Creed
Spy
Trumbo
Zoolander 2
5th Wave
Ghostbusters (still in production)
Birth of a Nation (just won Sundance)
Halo 5 soundtrack (game)

Last edited:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Rythmik is now selling a dual front ported sub using a 12" driver and a 400Watt amp with extension at 14 Hz down 4db
And the plot thickens. Will be interesting to see how it performs; a 14Hz tune is tough thing to pull off with a single 12" driver, even with the aid of a port.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
And the plot thickens. Will be interesting to see how it performs; a 14Hz tune is tough thing to pull off with a single 12" driver, even with the aid of a port.
I wonder how it will fair against SVS's PB2000 which by the looks of it is what Rythmik is targetting?

M

mikieboyblue

Audioholic Intern
Real dumb question here....when connecting my AVR to FVP15HP I connect the sub pre-out of the AVR to the LFE, but do I need to split it for the 1 and 2?

I am asking because I am not getting any sound from the sub nor is the sub detecting any signal. Now, on one occasion I was moving the cables around an must have caused a grounding loop that triggered the sub to detect a signal and turn on because I got a buzz out of the sub.

Any thoughts on the issue? Is there another way I can test the sub pre-out on the AVR?

Mike

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Below is the output of the Rythmik line of subs ...taken from Rythmik's home page.

Output comparison
Every one of our subwoofers has bass extension lower than 20hz. Our frequency response specification is based on -3db point which is far more stringent than +/-3db that other manufacturers have used. +/-3db is more like our -6db specification because the former is equivalent to 0db/-6db specification. Lower bass extension is also advantageous in multiple sub setup.

At 20 Hz, our subs vary in their maximum output capability. The output at 20 Hz is shown relative to F12.

• F12: 0db (baseline)
  • F8/FM8: -1.5db
  • L12: -1db
  • LV12R: +2.5db
  • L22: + 4db
  • LVX12: +4db
  • E15HP: + 4db
  • F15HP: +4.5db
  • FVX15: +6.5db
  • FV15HP: +9.5db
  • F25: +8db

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
when connecting my AVR to FVP15HP I connect the sub pre-out of the AVR to the LFE, but do I need to split it for the 1 and 2?
1) I have a FV15HP. I suppose that's what you mean instead of FVP15HP.

2) My FV15HP has Left & Right "Line In" plugs. I suppose that's what you mean instead of LFE.

If both those assumptions are correct, your answer is "no". You do not need to split the AVR sub preout into both Left and Right Line-In plugs. You can use either one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis