Russian Spacecraft Spinning Out of Control

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I caught this news of Russian spacecraft yesterday early evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3072986/Russian-spacecraft-hurtling-Earth-set-crash-sea-just-coastline-Margate-Kent.html?ito=social-facebook

I started to look for the usual satellite/weather tracking to get updates on weather cloud formation that wasn't looking good the ceiling height no nothing to do with atmos enable, :D the ceiling height was too low and if any break-up of reentry would still be miles above.

I guess by now the unmanned Russian spacecraft as surely burned up hours ago UK time.

Skylab I did however manage to see on clear night part of Skylab around July 1979, a fiery orange of diagonal flames of a few seconds must have been going thousands of miles/per/hour. It appeared to have crossed over between the Poole bay and Bournemouth and must have landed somewhere in the ocean, least that is how I saw it from the bedroom window at night time, that was less than mile from the coastline at around 9.30pm or 10.30pm? The bulk of Skylab, debris mostly landed over Australia.

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I was wondering about that, I had heard it was unsalvageable. Just thought it was 'coming home' last week or so. Hadn't heard anything so I'm glad somebody is vigilant!

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
And if when the day will come ISS when that bugger falls out the sky is the size of Wembley stadium, yeah panic :eek: if that landed on you're house it would total the house and houses around it.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Its puzzling when Skylab cost $2.2billion you'd think at that cost it would surely last for many life times. Look at all the ancient buildings or pyramids what would they cost to build today? And nowhere near size of Skylab, they are massive. I see why some now moan about their tax dollars. :p

The Russian spacecraft $30 million and nowhere near the size of house or pyramid and it only lasted for a few weeks. I hope it was insured.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I saw that it was operating at $20 Million per day, vs. ISS at $7.5 M.

Not going to deny being a Star Trek geek, but I do wish humanity would just come together and start exploring the stars. Cost would be irrelevant!

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I saw that it was operating at $20 Million per day, vs. ISS at $7.5 M.

Not going to deny being a Star Trek geek, but I do wish humanity would just come together and start exploring the stars. Cost would be irrelevant!
Yep and do away with money once and for all for the good and better of progress.

You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
Picard

You mean, you don't get paid? :D
Lily

Our caveman ancestors had developed the mind and means to slowly build things. Its the idiot in-between that put money problem in our way. If we have the means of mind to build I say lets do it for FREE. Otherwise we'd be stuck here to day the sun runs out of hydrogen and its just one and all just plain curtains.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
a video of inside Russian spacecraft

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Live video fee inside Russian spacecraft launching wow.
It make look boring to watch from inside but the spacecraft is rocketing away thousands miles per hour and only 8 1/2 trip to reach 20 miles and more to space. A bus ride on Earth to town is 15 mins and nowhere near to same distance of 1/2 mile. 9m33s the hippo floating around in zero-G above inside the Soyuz.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Commander Mike Fincke, gives a tour around inside ISS.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis