Ruark Audio MR1 Bluetooth Speakers with aptX Technology

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It's been almost two years since this company introduced their famous MR1 Bluetooth Speakers and they are still receiving good feedback from customers all over the globe. With an optional battery pack, remote control, and of course Bluetooth streaming with aptX technology for CD quality streaming; this little set of speakers deserves a look.

Read: Ruark Audio MR1 Bluetooth Speakers Preview

The only question remains is what will you use them for? Desktop audio for your PC, gaming, portable audio for beach and picnic functions, or ALL of the above? How would you use these speakers?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Review Supplemental
by. Tica DellaSala (9yo junior Audioholic)

I have these Bluetooth speakers in my room from Ruark Audio, model MR1. They are 2-way design which means they have a 3” woofer for bass and a .75” tweeter for high sounds. You can stream music from them on any device to them from your music or video apps. Sometimes I use them to play games when I’m not using them for music. They are 17 cm tall (7 inches) and about 13 cm wide (about 6 inches) and sit easily on a bookshelf.

The sound of the Ruark MR1 speakers is extraordinary especially since I was using my iPad mini for the source of music. For instance if you were listening to your favorite artist’s concert and connected (to connect press a button at the top of the speaker and let it connect to your device) the speakers to your device, it would sound like you were actually there at the concert. For instance, when I was listening to music like Porcupine Tree – What Happens Now it was all clear and I felt like I was in the audience. Most of the other reviews online gave these amazing speakers a rating of 4.5 stars to all five stars. These speakers cost $500/pair and and also come with a remote. You can literally hear the sound all over the house at max level or even below that.

On a scale of one to ten with ten being amazing like going to your favorite place and one being like going to a funeral, I would give the Ruark MR1 speakers a 9. I would because at first it may be a little hard to connect depending on your device, but once you do it’s worth it. While $500 a pair is spendy for a product like this, I do feel they are worth checking out if you’ve got the coin.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis