Rotel RSP-1582 AV Preamp/Processor

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Rotel just took things up a notch in their product line by introducing their RSP-1582, a new 7.1 channel, surround-sound preamplifier/processor home theater component that can serve as a master control for all audio and video components in an upscale home theater system. It is HDMI 2.0 and supports 4k at 30fps with 24 bit color.

There will be NO support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X and according to Doug Henderson, President of Rotel, less than 20% of their customers ever go beyond 5.1.

The RSP-1582 places emphasis on quality over quantity of features. Check out the slick front panel 7" TFT display and note all of the high quality parts this baby employs to satiate the most discriminating audio and video-holic alike.

Read the Rotel RSP-1581 AV Processor Preview

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think it looks great aesthetically and the MSRP seems pretty fair for the aesthetic and features.

I think it will considered by people looking at the Cary Audio and Bryston pre-pros since these don't have Audyssey, ARC, Dirac, Lyngdorf, etc.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Would gladly dump my receiver for that one, room EQ software can take a hike. This thing's rear end is beautiful, and the front is as classy and functional as one could ever expect an AVR to be.

For:

- Multi-channel analog input
- Phono input
- XLR
- Onboard screen and system options and status display.(every AVR should have one by now, the phone industry has made them cheap enough, there's no reason to go without.

Against:

- Tuner and CD stereo analog ins could have been labeled analog 1 & 2, and the other stereo inputs should have been snuffed out to the favor of another analog multi-channel input.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would have also liked to see those front inputs behind a sleek front door. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis