Room Suggestions - System Suggestions

J

Joe689

Audiophyte
Hello all, let me start by saying thank you so much in advance for your help. I was never big into AV but with a new house have been researching intensely. This forum is great.

Below is my room with my concept design annotations:

http://northeastcleaners.net/room.jpg

Budget : 2000-3000

Buying: 5.1 speakers, sub, receiver for already purchased 60 inch plasma

After careful research, I am leaning toward Klipsch RF-52 II or RF-62 II or RF-82 recommended systems on their website Home Theater Speakers - Home Theater Speakers | Klipsch

What I am looking for: Amazing sound, not obnoxious, for movies (30%), tv (60%), and music (10%). I want a aesthetically pleasing design. I like the idea of two tower speakers in front but would also be OK for mounting speakers.

I want to be able to watch a movie and feel like I am in a theater. When we listen to music, I want to hear amazing sound at high volume. Dont want to always be overwhelmed either. When I am watching TV, I want to be able to relax and listen to amazing clear audio.

As for the size of the room, is there a suggested ratio of speaker size to room size? Is the RF-82 made for super large theater rooms? I feel like the surround back speakers on the RD-82 are huge and could look a little ridiculous mounted on back wall.

What would you recommend? Would love opinions, suggestions, and would love detailed setups.

thanks again

Matt34

Matt34

FYI, we have an offical "post pad sticky thread" for future reference.;)

Welcome to AH.

If you like the Klipsch sound the AH store has some pretty good package deals with the RF-II line.

Klipsch RF-62 II Home Theater Package

I would ask to leave out the sub and get a SVS PB-12nsd or HSU VTF-3 MK4 instead.

Personally, I would get this setup:

Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE $568/pr
Speaker Stands $140
Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Center $298
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE $348/pr
2x Power Sound Audio XV-15 $749.00/ea
Denon AVR-1913 $529.00

A little over at $3381. You could always start with just one sub for now which will put up at the low end of your budget.

J

Joe689

Audiophyte
thanks for your reply. I take you have experience with the suggested setup you gave. I will look into it. As for room size, that setup won't be obnoxious will it? And if I did go with rf_62, it would be good for the room size? Thanks

J

Joe689

Audiophyte
BTW, why did you suggest 170s for the back surround and not additional 340s?

J

Joe689

Audiophyte
Also, have you tested this setup with your suggested Sub? A lot of reviews saying it is hard to find a good sub for this sytem.

BTW, Ascend gets nothing but great reviews. Glad you suggested them

J

Joe689

Audiophyte
Bada bing!

I DID IT! Bought everything except for the second sub. Glad I didn't buy the second sub. This thing is HUGE! For the sub connection, should I use LFE or the regular L/R? Question of which crossover to use I think... Thanks in advance.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I DID IT! Bought everything except for the second sub. Glad I didn't buy the second sub. This thing is HUGE! For the sub connection, should I use LFE or the regular L/R? Question of which crossover to use I think... Thanks in advance.
use lfe port and crossover start with 80Hz - you could try 70-90hz and see which one you like more.. Read some articles on main site on connecting the system and subwoofer articles

Congrats on purchase - these are all very nice components and have great bang for the buck on all of them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis